Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Old Dogs

The cable guy arrived on Friday and upgraded our cable...  It was neither Jim Carrey NOR Larry the Cable Guy.  It took ALL morning for him to install the new boxes everywhere in the house...
And the screens have NEVER been clearer.  
I can see the anchor man's sweaty pores and even up his nose if I tilt the screen.

But with new technology comes great responsibility. 
Since then, I've been called every day by my MIL to explain how to turn it on, turn it off, etc.  

Anytime Robb wants to see what's recorded, he hands me the remote because he doesn't want to take the time to learn.  

I guess this upgrade has made me more powerful than I'd imagined...

Left one is our old Tivo remote that we all knew and loved and now miss.  The one on the right is the new one.  And the recorded button is the bottom leftest most button.
For the record.


I rue the day when the labels wear off the remotes.

Oh!  I found the pics of Leon in the car after the wedding.  He was thrilled about a Pokemon Seek & Find book I'd picked up for him during my free afternoon in a big city with nothing to do.


That lasted about ten minutes and by the last exit to said Big City, he was out.


During that afternoon, I got paged and spent an hour working on my laptop in a Subway with a tall lemonade.  I picked up a small kit of Legos for a young man I know who may or may not need it as bribery to behave during a wedding...  

He did.

I also spent 45 minutes lost, trying to find the D.A.V. Thrift store that I KNEW was around there somewhere...  I'd taken the wrong exit and trust me, it was not NORTH of that exit.  It was actually a block south of where I turned north.  

Those who wander are not lost, just killin' time I guess.

Or just trying to figure out the new remotes of the world.

4 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am laughing because I am the king of the remotes here, and just et me have the tv set on Fire. The Hub has no clue how to use it or take it off. I secretly like the power it gives me.

Southern Gal said...

We have called Ethan's youth leader at a camp out in the wilderness to ask Ethan how to do something with the TV! That darn remote never works the same way twice for me! So Ethan is the King of the Remote at this domain. ;)

Jill said...

We have so many different TV remotes and it drives me crazy!! LOL Good luck!

blessings,
Jill

Sonya Ann said...

I am lacking when it comes to the remotes. Sigh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails