Thursday, September 1, 2016

It's Curtains For Some

I can't believe it's Thursday and I've been working almost non stop on a work project that should have been done Tuesday, but I keep having to bat off crisis' right and left to get back to it...

Something else random...  thanks to my post yesterday, someone took offense at my remote comments and I haven't gotten a chance to touch the thing since unless I'm by myself.  

"no no!  I'll get it eventually.  Nope wrong button. Just just wait!!  I've got this! Turn on the light."

I did discover that I can't "undelete" something anymore with this new doodad.  yuck.  
What happens when it's an accident?!

AND I've rediscovered some old favorites.  The Carol Burnette show!!!  The first old episode I watched had so many sexual innuendos, I figured maybe it had ALL been that and that humor had just gone right over my head when I was 7.  My parents just chuckled...  I almost deleted the series from taping this week.  BUT I decided to give it another go.


Hilarious!!!  With so many old celebs, besides the main cast, that I knew and loved too, like Madeline Kahn, whom my daughter was "kind of" named after.  Sammy Davis Jr and others.  The synopsis of Gone with the wind was great too.  I'm studying how Carol dressed for that show and two of them, in a row, she wore the same gown for the opening.  Amazing!!!  Actresses now would be shunned if they re-wore an outfit.  LOVE Carol!

I thought I'd missed In Living Color, but in watching it now, I feel old.  I just can't watch this anymore...  Too hip hoppy.  And I don't know how to delete the series yet, so it keeps popping up.  I DID get to see the episode where they introduced their new Fly Girl, Jennifer Lopez, so that was a historic moment, I suppose...

and that's TWO snaps aROUND the world!!!

Back to reality and work.  darn.

Don't shoot me if I don't visit you today.  I will try and carve some time out this afternoon and get around to you guys.  

4 comments:

SAM said...

My favorite Carol B skit of all time!!! Well, Went with the Wind and Rebecky! Two of my favorite movies , made hysterically funny.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I personally love Went with the Wind, but I also loved CB as Mrs. Wiggins

Sonya Ann said...

The curtain one is my absolute favorite!!!!
Have a happy and busy weekend!!

Linda said...

Carol Burnett show ALWAYS had sexual innuendo. Yes, it so subtle a child would not get it. The thing about today's shows is that I would have had to turn things off if my children were in the room. If your parents can watch it, so can you...lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails