Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The power I hold

A few of us went to Meri's school vocal concert last night.  It was relatively short compared to the combined, vocal/band concerts.  Those can last all night... And Leon was with us.

We kept him busy with a tablet and the goat simulator game with the sound off.  Every now and then, he messed with the settings and all of the sudden music and goat sounds came from our row.  YIKES!  SHUT THAT THING DOWN!  


 The vocal director looked sharply at us once or twice...


Loved the music!

AND, Meri surprised me last night!  I knew her acapella group was going to sing at the end of "A" concert but I didn't realize it would be the first vocal concert of the year!  WOOHOO!  It wasn't even on the program.  


Since they'd JUST formed, they picked a simple song that everyone knew and they could easily harmonize with.  Coincidentally, it was also Meri's co-acapella leader's mom's birthday yesterday, so they sang to her from the stage.


After the concert, I was planning on going with Meri and stopping at the store for a few things.  Found out she had made plans to go out for ice cream with friends instead. 

oh.

So I left her a little money and she was upset that I seemed disappointed.  Being disappointed is more harsh than being mad, in her eyes.  Robb and the rest of us were out the door before she caught up with us and said, "plans changed, let's go!"  So she and I did a smidge of shopping together and got ice cream after all, just us two.

That inadvertent "mom guilt" is powerful stuff!

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I would love to hear Happy Birthday sung that way on my birthday. It was beautiful.

I have only sons and the "Mom guilt" thing never worked with them. They would have taken the money and been outta there!

Southern Gal said...

Beautiful harmonizing on that song. Mom guilt. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it backfires. For me anyway. Glad it worked for you! ;)

SAM said...

I hold no such power. I might get the "sorry" eyes, but then they would be gone. Ice cream of some sorts is a must after concerts. DD had hers on Monday night.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails