Friday, December 2, 2016

Sew Gross

The kid is having a blast this Christmas...  He has pulled all the dusty pine cones out of the center basket and made Pixie Hollow.  He then hides his My Little Ponys in it or his Grosser Gang.


Never heard of those?  Neither had I until Wednesday, when he'd seen a Youtube video and my goodness... my sister is law is right.  The kid toy videos are just kid version commercials!  

Leon informed us that you can find them at Walmart, Target and Kids-R-Us.  Um thanks for the info!


 We ended up finding them at Target that night.  As we walked into the store, he's leaning out of the kid seat in the cart and telling everyone we pass that we're here to get the Grossery Gang toys!  Who gave HIM a can of Mountain Dew??!!  He was on a chatty Cathy roll.  

It was very reminscent of when Meri was two and she'd drank a half can of Mt. Dew that Ryan had left in his room.  Shopping that night was interesting as she called to everyone from the shopping cart, "HI!  I'M MERI!" over and over...

After Leon agonized about which Gross toy he wanted, he'd change his mind and run back to swap for a different one.  We FINALLY got out of the toy aisles and he had to inform every college girl or employee he saw about what he got.  

For the first ten minutes of him trying to explain it to me on Wednesday, I thought he was mispronouncing Grocery Gang.  

Never heard of them.  either.

The little Hot Wheels in the above pic is what is gracing each pocket on his Advent Calendar this year.  There's also chocolate, because COME ON!!  I put in a chocolate Santa for today and a chocolate coin for tomorrow.  We'll get him back tomorrow so we can go see the college Christmas concert with Maddy and Matthew tomorrow.
If you knew Leon, you'd know why there are only two days filled in...



Hey!  I did some sewing last night!  But I can't show you or tell you much about it, other than Meri has deemed it not QUITE as ugly as her sample prom dress.  I'll make another one over lunch today, I think...  Maybe it will be prettier.  I think I've figured out where I went wrong.

I don't want anyone to think, "Yuck! Gross!"  Especially not the person it's intended for.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Your life is so much more interesting than mine! Thanks for sharing. My granddaughter just turned 3 and still has no idea what she wants on any occasion. I can't decide if this is a good thing or a sign of overindulgence.

Southern Gal said...

I have never heard of those either. Hot Wheels is a great advent calendar idea! Mt. Dew? I don't even buy the regular stuff. This joint is jumpin' when grands come over anyway. Don't need to add to the chaos! ;)

Jane said...

Ummm, no Mountain Dew before the concert! Hilarious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails