Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Guam Misconceptions

Well, I'm not blowing my nose like crazy anymore.  Just merely occasionally insanely.  Just SUDDENLY I need a tissue and if I don't have it, I'll probably have to change my shirt...  I'm hoping the "kind of" sudafed kicks in today and helps a little.  Yesterday it did NOTHING for me.

Leon has no school today and Meri has an early out.  I'm going to take Meri to a doctor appointment and have someone check out her foot.  She's been complaining of a hurt foot ever since a mountain climbing incident last summer.  


I know it sounds like I'm lying.  Like "she hurt her foot parasailing in Guam."  Robb likes to use that line for any ailment.  It just sounds better than saying "I tripped on a shoe that was left out."

But she really did hurt her foot on a mountain hike with Maddy in Colorado.  Meri was upset that they couldn't reach the peak but Maddy insisted they head back down before Meri's foot swelled up to the size of an oversized football.  I'm so glad they did!  

So now it's aggravating her again.

I took yesterday afternoon off and lay in bed watching the rest of Westworld.  Yikes.  Again, NOTHING like the tv movie of the 70s.  And I was a bit shocked how it ended.  *blows nose*  
"These violent delights have violent ends."

Now I want to find a copy of the old movie for the next time I'm sick.

I did manage to put in the lining of Meri's Sweetheart dress last night and trim off the hem to where I can actually put the hem in easily.  But that was as far as I got.  Tomorrow night is my night to finish it up!  Woohoo!  

Sorry - I'm pretty boring today.  I even bore myself.  


I'll leave you with a photo of my girls and grandkid trying to give me a heart attack on a mild climb back in July.

I was parasailing when I took the photo...  and in Guam.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I need to come up with some great creative excuses for all of my injuries...I hurt my knee while kissing the pope's ring?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails