Friday, January 20, 2017

How well do you know me?

There was a questionnaire floating around on FB earlier this week to ask your kids these questions about yourself.  

Leon was handy, so I asked him.  Plenty of "I don't know"s.  Ummm  you should on some...

WITHOUT prompting, ask your child (I asked Leon, age 4) these questions and write EXACTLY what they said about you. 

*What is something I say a lot? I don't know.

*What makes me happy? saying I love you.

*What makes me sad? I don't know.

*How tall am I? 6 feet tall
 
*What's my favorite thing to do? I don't know.

*What is my favorite food? omelet

*What is my favorite drink? cocoa

*If I could go anywhere, where would it be? I don't know.
 
*Do you think you could live without me? no.
 
*Do you think I could live without you? no.

*How do I annoy you? I don't know.

*What is my favorite TV show? I don't know.

*What is my favorite music to listen? I don't know.
 
*What is my job? working at your house.
 
*How old am I? I don't know.

* What's my favorite color? pink

*How much do you love me? big as a dragon.      

I LOVED the big as a dragon bit!  Unless he's talking about those little miniature dragons that he plays with...  hmmm

I can't believe this is already 4 years ago...  YIKES!  Time is flying.


Then Meri finally came downstairs.

WITHOUT prompting, ask your child (I asked Meri, age 17) these questions and write EXACTLY what they said about you. 

*What is something I say a lot? I don't know.

*What makes me happy? good kids    (I always ask for this for Christmas when they ask)

*What makes me sad? the kids you have.

*How tall am I? 5' 9"ish  (close...)
 
*What's my favorite thing to do? clean    

*What is my favorite food? is it you who likes cacciatore?  no wait, omelets

*What is my favorite drink? cappuccino

*If I could go anywhere, where would it be? Ireland
 
*Do you think you could live without me? no
 
*Do you think I could live without you? definitely not

*How do I annoy you? sometimes you use a teacher voice.

*What is my favorite TV show? walking dead

*What is my favorite music to listen? celtic music and old songs
 
*What is my job? computer programmer
 
*How old am I? either 49 or 50.   (she was shocked that I'm 50...  "How could you be 50?  We didn't have a huge party or celebrate huge or anything!!"  I honestly don't know...)

* What's my favorite color? green

*How much do you love me? a lot

She knows me a LITTLE better...

So I shared these with Robb and he came up with Meri's reponses as if she were answering the questions based on him.

WITHOUT prompting, ask your child (I asked Meri, age 17) these questions and write EXACTLY what they said about you.  
 
*What is something I say a lot? "no verbal response"  Eye rolling
 
*What makes me happy? shoulder shrug
 
*What makes me sad? exasperated exhale
 
*How tall am I? blank stare
 
*What's my favorite thing to do? abuse me with questions.  (finally a verbal response)
 
*What is my favorite food? back to the blank stare
 
*What is my favorite drink? tears of your children (another verbal response.  this is a winning day)
 
*If I could go anywhere, where would it be? away  
 
*Do you think you could live without me? yes
 
*Do you think I could live without you? no.
 
*How do I annoy you? asking too many questions.
 
*What is my favorite TV show? Fox news, Mattlock or some other old person show.
 
*What is my favorite music to listen? bagpipe
 
*What is my job? computers
 
*How old am I? Old
 
* What's my favorite color? Gray.  it is the only one you can see  (he's colorblind)
 
*How much do you love me? back to the eye rolling.

Yep... I have people who understand me.
 Not many live here of course, but they exist.  I'm sure of it.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am laughing out loud at this! I am going to ask Son2 when I see him next and then I think I will ask TheHub the same questions just to see if they really do know me at all.

Jane said...

Two out of three said "omelet"! I knew about the TV show and could have guessed "Ireland" and a few others. I think I'd be afraid to ask Kazi to do this about me!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails