Monday, January 23, 2017

SEW Weekend-y

I finished Meri's Sweetheart dress!!!  She tried it on and it's a perfect fit.  She's happy with it and that's what counts.  



Some more work was done on the prom dress and apparently it needs a little work done on the fit.  It fit better a month ago.  So, we might just hold off on that until it's closer to prom, then finish it up.  It needs a hem and zipper.  I have a crinoline for it to poof it out also, but she's not sure yet if she wants that.  We'll wait and see.

More wedding plans on tap and I actually ordered some items for it this weekend!! Yay!  Just a few things to tick off our list...  I'm also looking at fabric like this, for the table runners.  Does anyone have a good source for it?  I'm finding KIND OF what I'm looking for from Fabric.com, but not sure if it's right or not.  I sent off for a sample.


This is what she's hoping for...


And I'll need 28 of them.  Not a problem!  Unless I can't find the right fabric.  I don't want to have to piece the white and navy together...

Also got some work done on a new style sample wedding dress.
Sorry - no previews on that.

So yeah... I've been doing a little sewing this weekend.  ALSO fit in a sewing meeting on Saturday and helped make 83 pet pads for local animal shelters.  There were a whole bunch of kids that showed up to help!  


Someone at the meeting mentioned a consignment shop that was going out of business and everything that I was interested in was $5...  Um... I found some great stuff!  


THIS stuff will be sent off to Maddy in a care package this week.  She's aware.


Well, today looks to be a busy one.  Gotta run!  I hope your day is a good one!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Va va voom! Meri is going to look fantastic! I love when thrift stores have SALES - cheaper than cheap!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Meri's dress is fantastic! No wonder she loves it!
I hope you find the right fabric for the table runners. I can't imagine matching and sewing all of that!

Southern Gal said...

Love a great deal! Meri's dress is just lovely! My daughter-in-law wanted navy blue table runners on white tablecloths. I had to sew 13 of them. We bought broadcloth at Joann's, cut it in strips and hemmed it. You need a serger for all those hems!! A rolled hem would be fantastic. I had to iron a quarter inch hem on all four edges. Mercy. I'll be praying you find that fabric!

Michelle said...

I hope you find all of your fabric. I barely sew on buttons, so I am in awe with all of your creative efforts. LOVE Meri's dress!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails