Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Not what I asked

As soon as I got off work, Leon and I ate as quick as we could and headed to a town almost an hour away.  Well, we ate quicker when I set up the GPS as we ate and saw that we were going to be late if we took much longer...  

OUT TO THE CAR!!!

I thought I knew better than the GPS and took a way that I was more familiar with but it turned into a NOT so familiar way and the twists and turns of the old country highway almost made me want to throw up.  

Robb beat us there by almost 30 minutes and went in a different entrance.  

I went in another one carrying a sleeping child who had insisted on bringing a "man purse" (bucket) of Grossery Gang toys.  It was hooked on my arm.  


We got inside JUST as Meri's Jazz band started their first of four songs.  


Wow, that was cutting it close!


Leon eventually woke up and then wow baby!  He was wired.  He climbed all over Robb and all over the floor with his toys.  
 

Meri's band did great and I enjoyed hearing their renditions of past songs and of a new one that I hadn't heard before.


Afterwards, we met Meri up in the high school cafeteria and Leon showed her all his little toys while Robb and I met with the parents of a friend of hers.  Apparently Meri and said jazz friend are taking a road trip to a concert this weekend and I wanted to feel more comfortable about the situation because Meri didn't want either Robb nor I to drive them.  So, yep, we're talking to her parents...  We feel better now about it.  She's going to have a lot of fun.  

Leon chit chatted the WHOLE way home!  I love talking to that kid...
Dinosaurs and dragons were chasing our car the whole way.

This morning, Leon was in his skivvies and wanted to do experiments in the sink. 


He wanted to do them on the counter, but I said no. 


He also wanted me to drink it.  As delicious as that looks, I'm going to have to say NO again.
 
The experiment was over and I was back at my desk...  I just heard water running in the kitchen and I called in, "What are you doing with that water?"

answer, "Well, I'm not doing experiments!"

That's not what I asked, but good.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I wish we could have heard her band's music. I love jazz!
Great answer to the what are you doing question!

Jill said...

Sweet pictures! Sometimes not knowing what our kids are up to can be a good thing, lol...

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails