Friday, January 13, 2017

Random Fireman post

After a quick chauffeur run this morning, I'm feeling geared up for the day!!!

BRING it...

Robb and I have done two early morning wake up call emergencies for a couple of our various childrens just this morning alone.  I think I'll be getting them each old fashioned alarm clocks for next Christmas...  Or for Valentine's Day.  The cell phone alarms just aren't cutting it.

The Christmas tree pieces are still in the entry way.

I was going back through old photos for a random type pic and found this.  I don't even remember taking it nor where it's from...  I'm guessing it's from a friend in New York, back in 2002.  Pretty!

I picked up a bucket of old horseshoes on a FB Swap page last night.  
So... many.. horseshoes...  
I had an idea in mind when I said, "Want!" but it went away.  So now I've got 25 horseshoes with no purpose.  I'm sure we can come up with something....  think... think...

One sample wedding dress got done last night and even put in a zipper for effect.  No hem, but hey... what do you expect with a muslin? Perfection??!!!  I don't think so.  
I also cut out most of another with underlining and the lining.  Trying to get a feel for what the final one will be like and working on the best fitting ever for this weekend.

Oh and for the record, when the bride practically swoons over a particular beaded lace, you know it's the one.  So that's a keeper.

That look you give the scale when it gives you your weight in kilograms...  I have not lost THAT much weight over night!!  I also haven't weighed that much since elementary school.  I think Leon flipped the switch on it yesterday morning.

Darn kids.

He's at his mom's and I'll be doing as much sewing over my breaks today as possible.  Wish me luck!

Did I mention it's snowing?  Sigh... Just when you thought the ice on the sidewalks and streets weren't bad enough.  Leon doesn't understand WALK on ice.  He does a run or tip toe hop and invariably lands on his bottom or worse.  Hit his head on the stuff Wednesday.
WALK!!!!

Maddy's first day of student teaching went well.  She's just monitoring for the next several days, but public school children can be respectful!  Who knew??!  I did.  It really depends on the teachers and general attitude of the community.

When a niece did her student teaching, she seemed so young that she was asked out to prom at least once.  No such luck with Maddy.  I think it's the engagement ring.  And her "teacher" voice probably. 

Meri has hurt her foot again.  She did over the summer when mountain climbing with her sister in Colorado and it's cropped up again to bother her.  I'm guessing something aggravated her arch (like ice skating several times in the last 2 weeks), but she thinks something is broken.  Um... you wouldn't be walking if that were the case dear.  BUT we'll see how it feels by Monday and get her in to our doctor if it's still a problem.

Gotta run put out fires.  Have an awesome weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Jane said...

Maybe you could organize the neighbourhood into horse shoe teams?! That's it, that's all I got!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails