Monday, January 16, 2017

The Bachelorette Trip

Guess where I was on Saturday??  MINNESOTA!!!  I had spent Thursday and Friday nights sewing my little heart out and then spent the road trip there hand sewing so we'd have some sample dresses for Maddy to try on.


Robb didn't want me to go alone on Sunday due to a potential ice storm that we eventually got later than they predicted last night, but it's always great to have someone along anyway.  And on Saturday we got to stay a little longer. 

We rolled into town an hour earlier than we told her, but she was awake so all was good.  Headed to the store with her to purchase an old fashioned alarm clock with a backup battery and then took her out to lunch.

Plaza G!!!!  Robb took our picture and I thought it was just going to be sent to Matthew to make him jealous, but he posted it to 85% of the world on Facebook.  So I'm posting it to the rest of the world here.  It's not the most flattering photo of me...  dang.  But oh well.  That's us!  


Went back to the dorm and she tried on the sample dresses and newsflash, we're starting over with a different design.  This one should be more successful I think.  She's used this style before and loved it, so yay!  I couldn't find the original pattern and didn't want to try and adjust a larger size to hers, so I ordered a used one in her size from Amazon for cheap.  And since it was so cheap, I paid a little extra to have it expedited.  

For surprise sake and a genuine first look on the wedding day, I'm not going to be showing you any of the process except perhaps some tiny details that don't give her away.

That's Robb's job.

Saturday afternoon, we decided to take a road trip with Maddy to a town about thirty minutes away to some shopping.  We stopped at Sam's Club so Maddy could see the plate & silverware options and think we've found the one.  FYI Maddy, the square is MUCH more sturdy than the round...  
AND smaller!  The guests will eat a little less now! yay!

We had to get more envelopes for the invites at Hobby Lobby and while there, Maddy fell in love with some silk flower bunches.  So we took a pic and sent it to Meri for the maid of honor's approval.  She said BEAUTIFUL so we did it.  Then spent the next hour or so in the car and her dorm making the bridesmaid bouquets.  They're sitting on our dining room table now waiting for me to get them packed up safe.  


Meri is working on a college friend's bridal shower for her and I've just been invited to another one up north for February.  Meri is even planning the bachelorette party already!  

Things are heating up!!!

I spent the afternoon yesterday getting caught up on other sewing happenings.  Got the zipper into Meri's Sweetheart dress and she tried it on.  LOVED it.  We marked the hem and I'll get that out of my hair this evening.  Then probably tomorrow night working on the prom dress.  

I also redid the sizing on the tank top that I'm working on for the mother-of-the-bride dress.  Yikes.  I think did something wrong...  Will revisit that at a later date.  
I'm losing confidence in my sizing abilities...

As soon as those Meri's dresses are done, Maddy's new dress pattern should be here, and yay!!  I can dig back into plastic boning!  Haven't sewn with that in a while...  But looking forward to it.

Things are heating up!!!!
but not if you look outside. The ice storm finally hit...

5 comments:

SAM said...

And I was in Wisconsin all day Saturday-swap, I think. Some time we should really figure out a meeting spot for coffee with our kids in each others back yards. I look forward to reading about the progression of wedding plans.

Michelle said...

I enjoy hearing about the wedding plans! Keep us posted!

Southern Gal said...

I can feel the excitement building! Boning? I think I'm gonna love the dress just from that detail. ;) Hooray for impromptu trips and lunch with your girl.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Everything is getting exciting now! I love that you are able to make some trial tops and such to actually test before making the real thing.
Like everyone else I look forward to the non-specific details of wedding planning. I only have sons so I fall into the keep my mouth shut and wear beige group.

Jill said...

Wedding will be here before you know it! Love hear ing about it and that's a great picture!

Blessings,
Jill

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails