Monday, February 20, 2017

I'll take the ...

I made pizza on Friday night.  Got done with dinner around 7 and then crashed on the couch.  Is it time for bed yet??  I had planned on sewing and having something to show my sewing group on Saturday, but it went away...  So after a little while of feeling blah, I went upstairs and cut out two pieces of Maddy's wedding dress bodice.  There were more to do but suddenly decided I needed to lay down...  That's enough for tonight.

Made it to the meeting on Saturday and showed the bodice that I'd made for last weekend's fitting with the bride-to-be.  

Learned how to do Sashiko and am working on a small bag to keep ASG business cards in my purse handy.  Will only work on that on road trips I think.  Too much else to sew when I'm not working...

After the meeting, I rushed home to wait for a little while and then Robb, Leon and I headed off to see Meri's jazz band competition.  They got first place in their division!  So awesome...  

Leon was mostly a blur.  


We sat in on the band just ahead of Meri's and Leon covered his ears and pitched such a fit that Robb had to take him out until our band was on.  Then he was fine.  

I'm guessing that HIS pitch is just too fine for mediocre jazz...


Found out that one of his preschool teachers daughters sits right next to Meri!  From a distance, when I saw the mom, I said to Robb, "I think that's the dentist in town..."  As she walked by, she smiled at us and said Hi to Leon.  Leon called out HELLO MRS. XXXX!


I was apparently wrong.

Oh well.  We visited with her and other parents a little bit while waiting for the kids.

Got home and crashed on the couch again.  It's amazing how just sitting for hours, wears you out!

After church on Sunday, Leon and I attended a birthday party of one of his school friends.  They played Lazer Tag, arcade, truck toys, etc.  I mostly chased him around to make sure he didn't get lost in the masses of people in this place.  Since I wasn't willing to part with an extra $2 for him to bounce IN the bouncy house, he bounced off the outside.  And of course hurt himself.  He twitched and writhed in agony as I ripped off his shoes and socks to see which ankle bone had broken through the skin.  Turns out, all his sweaty foot needed was a massage and for him to calm down.  Then he ran off and only milked the injury if it benefited him.  That was about the time I lost our arcade money card.  Dang.  I think I must have dropped it and some kid swooped in and grabbed it.  There was a lot of confusion...  

Saw my bestie for a little bit, then I spent the rest of the evening sewing.  I heard laughter coming from downstairs, so after a little while of feeling guilty hiding upstairs sewing, I went downstairs.  Robb, Ryan & Jen were playing some game where you decide if Willy Wonka with a Holy Hand grenade and a cloak of invincibility would beat a wizard who possessed some other wildly ficticious weapon.  Willy won.  While it was funny, I played one hand and then got back to work.  And it appears that I need to rip a few seams over my lunch break today.  The bodice is looking quite lovely so far!  And you'lll have to take my word for it, because I'm not going to show it here before the wedding.

Next weekend, AFTER Leon's birthday party, I plan to do the same technique on the flower girl dress.  THAT I can show you.  When I get there...

Enough!!!  I hope you have an awesome day and enjoy this gorgeous weather that Iowa has right now.  RAIN and thunder in the middle of February.  A.mazing...  If it were 30 degrees colder, this would be some humdinger of a blizzard!  

I'll take the rain!

4 comments:

Meg B. said...

Ha. When we moved to the PNW I told my northeast friends, "You don't have to shovel snow."
So glad you took your grandson out of the venue when he acted up. I have been the mother who has had to leave with the kid acting up. I am now the mother who, at my son's choir concerts, looks daggers at the parent whose kid is crawling at my feet along the row of performing arts center. It ruins my enjoyment, and unruly kids also distract the performers. I spent many a concert in the lobby, and I expect the same courtesy.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am looking forward to seeing your sewing progress on the flower girls dress! OK i am looking forward to seeing the wedding dress also but I can wait for that.
I have a lot of tolerance for little folks who are somewhere they really don't want to be, but I also appreciate the adults with them who know the child well to understand a quick departure might be in order. (I had to do it many times)
The best thing about jazz is it covers a multitude of kid noises!

Jill said...

Can't wait to see your finished creations! :-) Maybe you don't want to hear its been beautiful and high 70's here ;-) Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Southern Gal said...

Looking forward to the flower girl sneak peek on that bodice! You are busy, busy, busy as usual. We're sllloooowww around here while Ethan recuperates from the flu. Praying no one else comes down. Well, Ava is running fever now, so...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails