Thursday, March 30, 2017

Boy's Boys

Guess what I did this morning!  I parked myself with my laptop at the elementary school library and worked while Ryan and Leon attended the kindergarten roundup.  Well, Leon attended.  Ryan sat next to me doing "parenting" things like fill out forms.  I helped a little.

After it was over, we collected the kid from the kindergarten classroom and he was putting away Lego pieces.  Who DOES that??!!!  Not my grandkid!!!  But he was the last kid to leave the room because he was the only one who was worried about them.  

seriously??...

Every square inch of counter, hutch, buffet, desk space in my house is covered with random Lego pieces.  You can't walk across the kitchen barefoot in the middle of the night without hitting one of those blood sucking blocks of joy.  Yet there he was putting them away for a teacher...

Will wonders ever cease?

Still unsure of what's going to actually shake down for school in the fall, but for now Leon is set.

It was kind of fun to see the older teachers who remembered Ryan.  "You're Ryan right?!  You were one of mine..."  I think that was the conflict manager lady. ;)  Ok, guidance counselor.

And here is that very ladies man, back in the day with his best friend Mil.  


Looking SO much like Leon, it's not even funny!


I love those guys.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Wow, they do look alike!

Rachel said...

They do look alike! We have kindergarten registration for Ben in May. Not looking forward to it. He can't be old enough just yet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails