Monday, March 27, 2017

Caffeine, Zombies & Sewing Machines

Oh guess what?? I've got 23 table runners DONE for the wedding!!!  Pressed and hanging up, waiting for the big day.  My iron will probably make the trip for a last minute quick press before the runners grace the tables...  I'll wait until the RSVPs start rolling in before making any more.

SO.MUCH.NAVY.AND.WHITE...  That combo is taking its toll on my eyes...

That was Friday.  On Saturday, I attended a mission rally and learned all about Ukraine.  It was really interesting and I enjoyed sitting at the same table with the presenter over lunch to find out if he'd had this purple-y pickled herring dish that I'd sampled a few Christmases past.  YEP.  The Ukraine church pot lucks are a perfect sampling of the traditional foods.

I had to leave the rally a smidgen early and met up with 5 other sewing ladies from my sewing group for something totally different.  The FCS teacher of this school is retiring this year.  For the past several years she had a program in her class to award sewing machines to kids who were able to save up $5 a week for 40 weeks and she found funding for the rest of these sewing machines.  This year she had six girls who were able to meet the challenge.  All six are in 4H and all six have college plans after graduation.  


It was inspiring to hear them all talk about the projects that they've done and at least half of them received scholarships to the college of their choice because of them.  Some projects were quilts for the homeless and another was making wheelchair bags to make things more convenient for the elderly.

It was great to see where some of our free table fabric went!  And since she is retiring this year, we're hoping the new FCS teacher will carry on the tradition.

Outside of my usual morning homemade cappuccino, I hadn't had any other caffeine on Saturday and a caffeine headache ensued...  I picked up a pop on the way home, but it wasn't cutting it.  So yes... I took some meds and an hour and a half nap when I finally got home.  WHEW!  NEEDED that!

Spent the evening with Robb and Meri watching a totally inappropriate movie.  You know it's bad when Meri and my eyes meet accidentally when we're trying to look away from the screen.  But it was zombies and a comedy... so what do you do?  

You investigate the ceiling and realize you need to finish that paint job someday...

I got some parts of the wedding dress skirt cut out on Sunday afternoon and realized that I need more fabric for the lining.  I've got a sewing meeting tonight and will ask the ladies for some advice.  We'll see...  Joanns is open tonight and I might be having a visit with her...

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love to read of your sewing adventures. 20+ table runners is a lot of runners!

Michelle said...

That is a lot of table runners!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails