Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Encouragement & Negativity

While waiting for the sewing gals to review and answer my sewing questions last night, I spent my lunch time working on the flower girl dress.  It's cut out and the bodice is put together.  Depending on my schedule tonight, it could get done today.  We'll see...

I hadn't been to the Pattern Tester's meetings for a while and it was great to see what everyone was working on.

Someone had found this listing for a denim formal dress so I sent Meri a pic of it to see if she wanted that for next year.


And that is a big NOPE!  sigh...  I was so willing to try...  

Maddy used to find the most expensive prom dress and have me duplicate it.  This one's cost was $6,000.  Yeah.  I think that might have broken the record.  PLUS a nekkid guy!  But he might be just for the photo...  And her shoes were kind of snazzy...  

I wonder if this would be appropriate for a Mother-of-the-bride dress?

Probably a big NOPE.

4 comments:

SAM said...

I think I might go with Meri on this one. The dress is a stunner-but denim? Now, would you ever make a statement in that for MOB dress.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I think the denim dress is the bomb. When I was 17 I had Mom make me a denim swim suit with the worlds smallest fly for the front bottom of the suit. Meri is missing out, but I think you could pull it off for the MOB dress. It works with the color scheme and a nekkid man as an accessory would give them something to talk about.

Summer Flies said...

Ha ha if you hadn't mentioned the nekked guy I wouldn't have noticed him... I really had to look. Think the shoes look great. I'm a nope for the denim gown too...

Summer Flies said...

Oh and thanks for the lovely comment on the death of my Dad. I'm glad your Mum has settled... my Dad never really did. He fought it all the way and a part of me was just "just stop Dad" but the biggest part of me was thinking so glad he was still able to fight.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails