Wednesday, March 22, 2017

It Just Figures

 We celebrated Robb's birthday last night!  Not everyone could get together today and still not everyone could get together yesterday, but we went with the most that we COULD do.  
The items I got for him weren't ready yet.  One is being assembled and we can pick it up today.  The other was something that only he could pick out, so I printed out a homemade coupon for him to send me the link and I'll get it ordered for him.

For dinner, I picked up pizzas from Papa Murphys and tried to have everything done at the same time, so the pepperoni was burnt and the Canadian bacon was mostly raw.  

Figures...

At least the birthday boy's food wasn't burned!

 

We tried to use the sparkling relighting candles and they spit and spat while I was trying to light them, so we just lit a few.  THEN as soon as he blew them out, there was so much ash on the lit part of the cake, we just cut into the clean side...  AND they didn't relight!  

Figures...


 Robb usually leaves way before anyone else in the house even gets up so this morning I came downstairs to this!  He'd made Tater Tot breakfast casserole!  
At least THAT turned out the way he wanted.


Figures...

I suspect he's going to have a good birthday today!  It's been pre-disastered because of yesterday, so today should be perfect.

It only figures!

Happy Birthday Dear!!

5 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

This post made me spew my coffee. Happy Birthday to Robb and thanks for the laughs!

Jill said...

Happy birthday to Robb! Great job with the casserole, looks good ;-) A little ash never hurt anyone, lol.... Enjoy your day!

Blessings,
Jill

Jane said...

I think I'll stay away from those candles! Everyone is so old in my family now that we tend just to use the "number" candles requiring just a feeble puff of air to do the trick! That casserole looks YUM!

SAM said...

Well happy birthday to Robb. We do like to pick up Papa Murphys for crowds, but always have to bake in shifts, so not convenient. He did a great job on the breakfast hotdish.

Southern Gal said...

I hope his day was better! Happy late birthday to him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails