Thursday, March 23, 2017

Skipping Things for Cake

On Monday after school, I took a short break and gave Leon a ride down the street in his wagon with five of his favorite stuffed Pokemon.

But then I had to get back to work, so I brought out the laptop and parked at the end of the driveway.  He gave his Pokemon a ride down the sidewalk and kept stopping every ten feet or so and yelled back if that was the corner yet.  

NO!!! Keep on going!!!!  

But then he saw a bird flying over a house and came running back screaming that there was a bird...
Like he's never seen THAT before...

I had put his car seat next to the car we'd be taking after work and he found that it didn't fit in his wagon so he improvised.


Then brought it next to my chair and said he wanted to call someone.  
"MATTHEW!  I want to call Matthew!"
Okey dokey.

I dialed and gave him my phone.  "If you hear a beep, that means that he's not available, so leave a message for him."

After a few seconds, he screamed to me, with the phone still next to his mouth, "HE'S AVAILABLE!!!!!"
Poor Matthew's ear drum.

Since Leon was so wired, he only said a few sentences and handed the phone to me then dashed.
  
 Then yesterday he wanted to climb a tree.  I rue the day when he can get up there himself...
I have created a monster.


It takes me back to when his daddy went on a play date at a friend's house in the country.  Robb went to pick him up and said that he's glad I didn't go.  When he got there, Ryan, Zach and Ian were fifty feet in the air up in a tree...  

Yeah, I would have screamed so loud, they'd have fallen out.  I don't even like to watch acrobats at the circus.  I've watched enough movies to know that as soon as we get comfortable, someone is going to fall to their death right in front of us.  And of course it.will.be.murder...  

Because...  Matlock...  Moonlighting...  Emergency...  Quincy MD...  Suits...  Laverne and Shirley...

Where was I going with this?

Nevermind... It's THURSDAY!!!  and I'm out of DDP, so I've broken into the stash of Diet Coke I'd gotten for Ryan.  

I'll replace it.

Anyway, more cute kid stuff.  Maddy posted this on FB yesterday.

My first and second graders have been slowly realizing that I'm engaged. Here are some of their reactions.
* "Isn't a fiancé a dog?"
* "I've been a flower girl before and I still fit into my dress...."
* "I'm moving in June so my mom probably won't let me come to your wedding. Sorry."

* "The cake is the second most important thing in the wedding. The actual wedding is the most important. Don't skip it just for the cake."

* "My family talks about and plans your wedding every night."

Kind of cute, kind of creepy huh?  If these girls have their way, Maddy will have seven flowergirls...

But this is her actual flower girl.  Norah should be a soloist in the wedding too! hmmm



HER mommy's birthday is tomorrow and her mommy was actually MY flowergirl.


Traditions run deep...
I hope Norah has a cute little girl someday for Maddy's future children to have as a flowergirl!

Would you ask YOUR 2nd cousin, once removed to be your flowergirl?
Do you even talk to your 2nd cousins?

I might if there's cake involved...

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I just don't know what I like best about this.
Leon and his adventures
The advice from her students
The video
This just made me happy all the way around!

Linda said...

Funny post! When my youngest learned to climb a tree, she was four. I was inside and could see her singing in the tree. It made my heart glad. I smiled because she was so happy. Then, she became louder and I could hear she was singing, "Help me. I cannot get down. Mama, come help me." I ran to her and found her with tears. The whole time, it sounded like singing!

Southern Gal said...

Kids are so hilarious! Maddy would have the most flower girls ever!

I can still look at pictures of Jacob in trees and my heart starts skipping. He scared me so many times. Ethan is not a daredevil like Jacob and I'm so happy about that fact!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails