Thursday, March 2, 2017

Lenop beginnings

I made a mistake and said SHUURE! when Leon asked me to teach him to sew.  Now whenEVER he comes to my room, he asks if we can sew.  Well, actually, Robb said to tell him that it's called tailoring.  So whenever he comes to my room, he now asks if he can tailor.  

sigh...  I'm never going to get the wedding stuff done!
*yes I am dear!  Tonight is a BIG sewing night!* *Leon is gone for the evening*

So yesterday I had him over my lunch hour and he was DYING to tailor something.  So I said, how about a stuffed animal?  He picked a giraffe.  I do not have a giraffe pattern...  So he picked out the fabric out of my stash and I drew a giraffe on some pattern paper.  


He was very disappointed that it didn't and wouldn't have four legs, so I cut them off of the pattern completely.  We'll make up 4 separate legs and sew them on.  Maybe make it so they'll move.  Not sure how I'll do that yet.  

We sewed it up and left an opening on the tummy to stuff it.  Everything has to go through the tummy, right?  Didn't have time to stuff it over lunch, so he napped with the sewn piece...

So it's stuffed now and ready to get legs.  He drew the face on it and had me do the spots.


He had me write out some letters and then asked what it spelled.  So the creature has been named "Lenop".

Due to the magic marker that we used, (kind of like a Doodle Bear), this thing REEKS!  Well, at least it did.  It has aired out some since yesterday.  I'll bet by May it will smell fine.  Or maybe some Febreeze might help.

We'll get to some legs by Monday, I promise kid!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I notice that Lenop uses all 4 letters of Leon's name :) How sweet is he to sleep with an UNstuffed but "tailored" giraffe!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love that you are teaching him to "tailor". One of these days when he needs a button on a shirt or to sew a rip in his pants he will be so glad he learned tailoring skills. For the record, I taught all mine to tailor"and at least on has tailored curtains for his home.

Southern Gal said...

Ethan used to push the pedal with his hand under the sewing cabinet. I'd tell him when to go and when to stop. I should have taught him to sew, but his dad was hesitant. Oh well. The boy loved the machine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails