Thursday, June 22, 2017

And life goes on...

I have hemmed a dress that Maddy will be wearing for a wedding this July.  AND found a few things that she and Matthew forgot and are small enough to mail.  Will try and get that packaged up today to mail.

We'll keep USPS hopping.

As I may have mentioned, Meri is starting to get geared up for singing in several talent searches this summer.  She sang in one a few weeks ago.  The announcer was floored by her, but the judges thought she needed to work on her stage presence so she didn't get placed.  darn.  She was pretty disappointed but got encouraged by the announcer and the woman in charge of gathering the talent.  They want her to compete in more talent searches coming up so now we have another project to work on.  

I can NEVER have enough of those!!

Meri needs to work on stage presence and what better way than to have a performance dress.  She ultimately thought that I'd use the same pattern we used for her sweetheart and prom dress and whip something up.  But who knows where that got tucked?   AND if she wants it all flowy like this, let's just get a pattern... This one was only $2.  I'll use her prom dress for any adjustments to the pattern.

I don't know if it will be as sparkly as this...  We'll see.  But she likes the flowy-ness of it.


I'm also selling off some of the gobs of wedding stuff that we accumulated and recoup'ing some of the costs.  The dining room WILL be used for dining again, some time in the near future. like 2018...

AND I want to get around to visiting you guys!  My people....  

Attempting to get back to normal. 

Whatever that is.

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

Normal is that thing that changes continually!
Wishing Meri every single best wish as she goes forward with her singing. I have nothing but admiration for someone so young who is creating a dream path!

Michelle said...

I am not sure there is any such thing as normal. Anyway....my niece sings in a band and has had the same critiques...stage presence. She has a great voice and keeps working at it. Best of luck to Meri!

Southern Gal said...

I can't wait to hear how she does in all those talent searches. Her voice is amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails