Friday, June 23, 2017

Saturday's child

Isn't there a poem that has something like...
Saturday's Child digs in the dirt...
?

How can it be that it's Friday already?  
I FINALLY just found my headphones last used on Sunday.
Robb FINALLY unpacked his suitcase from last weekend.

But I AM digging out from the rubble that was my home.  Excess wedding stuff is being sold or filtered into the house somehow.  The living room is livable again and you can see the floor.  

The garden has baby tomatoes on the plants at the moment.  I can't WAIT for an honest to goodness homegrown tomato and mayo sandwich!!!  And the two or three volunteer squash plants are growing nicely.  (last fall, I threw some rotting squash or pumpkin plants into the garden...  ) (It will be surprise!!) 

I'm doing okay with the weed infestation this year so far.  All it takes is another week from home or super hot weather for it to take over completely.  I expect early July...  It's been a hot summer so far.

Remember the Roombas?  I used to have one a long time ago but then it broke.  But I found this yesterday in a little video.  SO cute!  I guess I'd have to cut down the big weeds first though or they'll thrive... 


Too bad it's just a concept at the moment...  If it were under $5, I'd so buy one at a garage sale!

But not this weekend.  Still digging...  

5 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I want that garden weeder! No! I need that garden weeder!

Michelle said...

Weeding....the only thing I don't like about gardening.

SAM said...

Weeding, part og msmy reasons I don't garden. I willcagtee to mothimg being bettervthsm s homegrown tomato on s ssmdwich. Add some cucumber smd I'd be set.

Jane said...

I'm a Saturday's child and "we work hard for our money"! whereas Friday's child is "full of grace"! (definitely not me!) Keep digging - you never know what else you might find :)

Southern Gal said...

I remember the "after wedding blues." It seemed like it took forever to get things back where they should have been. At least you can see the floor!
Did you see that article about the robot vacuum that flung dog poop all over the walls, furniture and everything else when it scared the pup and the pup had an accident? I think that's the way it went. Anyway, I would use one in my yard in a skinny minute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails