Monday, June 26, 2017

Birthdays right and left AND a Loverboy

 Leon was invited to a pre-school friend's 5th birthday party yesterday.  So Leon came home early from his mom's and since the birthday boy lives about 1/2 block away, we walked over.

Everything was themed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.  SO cool!  The mom must have gotten Pinterest smokin' to find all these ideas!

They played Pin the Pepperoni on the Pizza.  


Every kid nailed it!  I'm thinking they could see through the mask, but they ALL insisted that they saw it with their mind.  hmmm...



 Leon's turn.



Then they played Knockout Shredder.  Colored Solo cups sucken into a poster board and covered with aluminum foil.  Each cup held a prize.  The kids got to pick a cup and punch through it.  


Sewer lids for snacking.


AND a bouncy house!  

The mom said that when the kids got into the bouncy house, all the parents could take naps.
BEST PARTY EVER!!!  


Found out she's a liar.  We had to sit on the deck and watch them...

They then had a TMNT pinata and these are the kids scrambling to pick up the candy quick.


They made slime before the cake and ice cream.  Then some pics to document the day.  

Yep - mine is the one who consistently thought they said "Let's take a goofy shot!"


But nope.  THIS was the goofy shot.


And then the best frozen ninja move they could make.


When wrapping Ryland's present, I found that I didn't have a birthday card handy, so I printed off a color sheet of TMNT from the internet and Leon signed that as our card.  He insisted that I roll it up and tie it with a ribbon.  

"Like a squirrel!"
huh?  Oh well.  I rolled & tied it up and stuck it to the top of the gift.
When the presents were being unwrapped, Leon called out, "Do MINE!  It has the squirrel on top!"
"wha???"
Then he said, "You know!  Like they did them in China!"
Not sure why that was a good clue, but the other mom's and I suddenly realized he meant SCROLL.  He had a quick pronunciation lesson and laughed at his own mistake.
A squirrel is something TOTALLY different...

GREAT party!  and tons of party swag to come home with him.

Then we bundled up the rest at our house and went to celebrate Ryan and Jen's birthday at the British pub/restaurant where Ryan was working.  He had to work all weekend, so this was the closest we got to having a special birthday meal for him.  

Eating in front of him.

Leon called out Happy Birthday whenever Ryan rushed past with a tray full of drinks.  He managed to sit with us for roughly 30 seconds and tore open his gifts quick.  Jen's birthday was Saturday, so it was a joint party.  Meri, Jen, MIL and I wore crowns that Meri had had leftover from Maddy's batchelorette party, in honor of the birthdays.  Robb and Leon refused to wear them...  Go figure.

Did you know that Vinyl LPs were making a come back?  Meri had agonized at the music store for which one to give them for more than 30 minutes...  

I was just shocked that they didn't have Loverboy or Barry Manilow.

PLENTY of Kanye...  

Ryan and Jen are hoping to purchase a cool turntable soon so they can crank out the tunes in vintage style.  I've been encouraged to maybe get OUR old stereo going again.  I think I just need a new needle...

WOOHOO LOVERBOY!!!  I'll be digging out my albums this week...


Happy Birthdays to both Jen and Ryan!  No pics of that..  Sorry.  Ryan limits me to 5 candids a year and only 1 posed.  We reached the quota quickly with the wedding.

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

The birthday party sounds like it was a lot of fun, but I am kind of glad I don't have to take kids to their friends parties anymore. The pictures of the kids are adorable!

Linda said...

Squirrel...lol...that made me chuckle. I remember translating what children meant and the headscratching.

Southern Gal said...

Squirrel! Love it. I always think of Up when I see or hear squirrel.

What a way to spend his birthday! But I bet he was glad you all came and partied with him while he worked. Sounds like Donnie's birthdays around here. We are celebrating Father's Day Saturday. And Nora's birthday. And possibly Ava's.

Ha! I actually pulled my big whisky box (remember when you could only get boxes from the liquor store?) full of vinyl LP's last week. They are still in my bedroom floor. I run into them every night...
And I have Barry Manilow! Alabama! Saturday Night Fever! Urban Cowboy! Barbra Streisand! Journey! Rod Stewart! and so many more. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails