Friday, July 28, 2017

60????!!!!

VBS (Vacation Bible School) next week and my parent's 60th wedding anniversary party coming up the next week.  Whew!  My weekend plans have been drawn.

This is the edible image that I made up for my sister to put on a cake for them.  At least I hope it works!  We'll find out.


Do you know what is really heart wrenching?  A sobbing boy cuddled up on your lap, letting you comfort him. sigh.  I love that kid.  

We did discover how to get him into sleeping in his own bedroom instead of on our floor.  Leave his bedroom light on...  I went in ten minutes later and he's OUT, so I switched it off.  For a half cent of electricity (or whatever that amount of electricity costs), he's worth it.

Oh and guess what?!  


It's FRIDAY!!!!!

6 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

When our 3 year old granddaughter was here visiting with our son she told him instead of sleeping in her room, she would sleep in his bed so he wouldn't have to sleep alone. Night time can be scary when you are little.

Jill said...

Happy anniversary to your parents!!! I love hearing great love stories :-) Enjoy the weekend!!

Blessings,
Jill

Linda said...

If leaving the light on is all it takes, who cares about pennies or all our rules about sleeping in the dark.

SAM said...

Oh poor little man, Good call on the light. My parents 60th wedding anniversary was 10 years ago on August 2. My sister hosted a garage/backyard open house fest with my siblings all contributing the food. I contributed pounds an dpounds of leftover (frozen) hot beef au jus from my son's grad party two months ealier in whihc I ended up with twice as much meat as needed due to a communiction issue meat store. People loved it and since it was already paid for, excpet the buns I had to buy, a truly affordable party. Happy Anniversary to your parents-cherish the day. I'm grateful for the good memories of my parents.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary to your parents..!!
Hope you guys have a great party..

Southern Gal said...

I would put Jacob to bed with his paci and a stack of books he loved. I'd leave the bedside table lamp on. He would look at those books until he couldn't hold his eyes open. I would go in when I was headed to bed, pick up the books, tuck him in, turn off the lamp and done. It took me a while to come up with that. Leave the light on!

60 years! My parents are at 55 this September. How? The cake topper looks lovely.

I refuse to believe your garments are the least bit unprofessional. They look amazing! I'm thinking of entering a quilt in the fair this year. We'll see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails