Monday, July 31, 2017

Isn't she lovely? and then a good Ramble

Ok, we're part Norwegian, part German, part Irish, so how does a quinceañera play into it? and how many of them would we ever be invited to?  

Ok, one.

Meri went to her very first ever quinceañera on Saturday.  One of her best friend's sister is turning 15 and in the Mexican tradition, that 15 year old has a fantastic party and gets a beautiful dress and a court.  Meri and her friend Perla called it the Groomless Wedding.

Meri spent the morning with me, dropping off the State Fair entries and talking.  She can be quite funny when she wants to be...  But all that afternoon, she prettied herself up more and got ready to go to the party.

I spent almost 3 hours in the garage that afternoon sorting boxes, getting stuff ready for another donation and garbage run.  I was filthy by that time and Robb was just getting back from another quick trip to Missouri where he picked up a beautiful full size bed with canopy for Meri's room from her cousin.  Um... where are we going to put THAT until she's ready for it?...  
Well, we found room temporarily.  It's in Meri's room now tho.

Meri had to school me on how to pronounce quinceañera correctly.  Keen sen yerra.  OH?!  So I practiced several times when she wasn't around and by the time she was ready to leave, I had it nailed and she was appropriately impressed!  I guess I get to go along to the party too then!  
But then again, no. 

I wasn't invited and besides, I didn't have a THING to wear!  It's at the fair.

The additional 4 inches on the hem worked perfectly.  I LOVE this fabric!
Then she took off but posed for me just before.  


I'm a lucky mama...

Because ALSO, luckily, just before she left, she mentioned that she'd heard from Maddy and Matthew.  They were actually only going to have supper in Missouri with their Aunt Quack and family, then head here! YAY! So I spent the evening tidying up.  Yes...  my daughter is now considered a guest.  She seemed astounded at how tidy things were and that there was even a table runner on the dining room table!  Granted... it was from the wedding....  

Um yeaH!!  We use it ALL the time!... ;)


We're fancy that way.

Well, I spilled some Worcestershire sauce on it at Sunday lunch, so it needs to be washed.  So obviously not ALL the time...  and it'll probably be two months before it's back on the table.  You know... when she's back next. 

Her comments reminded me of when I'd clean some area of the house that isn't always tidy and Ryan would ask when the company would be arriving.  SHUT UP!  at two.

They went to church with us and home for lunch, then we played Settlers of Catan for a while until I got sick of being a loser and someone else won.  Then we talked until Maddy started looking sleepy.  That's the cue to hit the road and send along 30 ounces of coffee with them.  They had a 5.5 hour drive ahead of them.  I hope they got home ok...

I spent the rest of the day running a load of donations to town, visiting my bestie and then back to working on moving boxes to get to the spare fridge we have out there.  We have two garage fridges.  One is just there and unplugged.  With 6 tons of storage stuff shoved in front.  Well, I was able to get to it but after that couldn't get back so I kept on going until I got to the other garage door.  It was a grand adventure, worthy of any Indiana Jones character.  They could write a movie about my garage...  

I will never intentionally take photos of it so you'll have to live vicariously through my descriptions.  My children take the garage photos when they're making videos for school...  "Ryan - I didn't realize that you were doing your research assignment on hoarders!" I'm kidding....  But we have all of my MIL's previous life baggage stored out there and she IS.  Along with 3 large dog kennels and other things stored there is no room for cars.  So THAT'S my goal for this fall.    

The fridge is plugged in now and humming.  Well, I couldn't hear the hum, as my hearing has gone by the way side JUST a little more this past year, but the light turned on inside, so I suppose it's on.  This morning, the freezer part is cold and I can actually hear it now.  Not sure if it's going to work for the purpose we intended it for.  The fridge at church died and we said that we had a spare...  We'll see.  Someone might be coming to pick it up tonight.

So I didn't get ANY work done on getting ready for Vacation bible school this week...  I'll do that tonight or in my spare time today. 
Those poor kids...  Here, draw me a picture of what you learned today.  And don't leave it blank...

Anyway... back to work.  Have a great Monday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails