Thursday, July 20, 2017

Randomly Existing & Sewing

I'm feeling much better today folks!  Thanks for the prayers and concern.  The meds are kicking in and I'm not feeling as sick as I was on Tuesday.  The blahs are mostly gone.  

Meri is singing tonight!!!  YAY!  I'll take a video of it and post it tomorrow.  Well, Robb will.  My camera is still acting funky.  

I made some sugar free poppyseed dressing this morning, so I'm committed to having a salad for lunch.  The scale said some good things this morning, so I want to stay on the roll!

My car has been out of commission all week and we get it back today. YAY!  I had to drive Meri's to go see my bestie yesterday and the air conditioning is broken in that one.  Ada's nursing home room is usually pretty warm because she gets cold easily, but it was a refrigerator, compared to what I'd driven in.  Apparently the heat index was 350 degrees outside...  Meri's air conditioning will be fixed this weekend.  Or so we hope!

I cut off a pair of lightweight sweatpants this morning to wear today and may have gone a little too short.  It's not my comfort zone of shortness, but in this heat, I'll take it.
...don't bend over...

I got to sew a little bit yesterday and started on a two piece flannel pajama outfit for Leon to submit for the State fair.  The seams are flat felled and I'm pretty impressed at how good they look! 


I suppose it makes the pj bottoms more comfy if there isn't an annoying seam rubbing your leg as you sleep...  I'll need to use this style of seam more often.  The fabric has pirates all over it and I thought I'd have enough for the bottoms AND the top, but not so.  I'll probably do the top in a black flannel with pirate accents.  
... like a peg leg...

In looking at the State fair categories, I've made a list of the items that I could submit and what categories to put them in.  You can only have one garment per category and I've got ten tickets.  I've got eight garments so far and two more if I get the flower girl dress back from Norah and maybe a skirt back from Maddy.  If Leon's pjs turn out, I'll let something else stay home.  Not sure yet.  The pjs are a back up plan.  Besides, I promised Leon some pjs for this fall and these seem warm.

Sorry no new pics!  I REALLY need to get my camera battery replaced, IF that is the problem.  


I just happened to see this photo of Thunderdome in my download folder.  I had posted it in response to my brother's FB announcement that he'd just gotten this year's Burning Man tickets in the mail.  He's a regular there and they have a Thunderdome type event each year also.  I'm unsure if this is from the movie or the event.  Mark said if it's from Burning Man, then he's one of the bodies lining the wall...  

This is my brother.


And he's as random as I am...

2 comments:

Jane said...

I've always wanted to go to the Burning Man event but I don't think I'm weird enough.

Southern Gal said...

I haven't sewn much flannel or knit. I really like that seam! I'll have to give it a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails