Monday, September 18, 2017

HOCO Happenings

The football team was ahead by a goal at halftime and after I left, they eventually won!
It's always a good Homecoming dance if the team wins...

Then my house filled up with these kids.


The bathroom was cluttered with six different make up bags, various articles of clothing and a few pairs of heels that a young girl had been indecisive about.


The boys were all in Meri's room chowing down on pizza and waiting for the girls to get prettied up. 

After the obligatory photos were taken, all by me (no other parents showed!), the kids all cleared out and headed for the dance.  They went to Perkin's afterwards for the late night, half price appetizers, then finally home at "would be" 2:30. 


As usual, there were complications.  Meri didn't sleep all night and Robb and I were up by 4.  Robb because that's what he does and me because I really shouldn't have had that Diet Coke at the football game the night before.  

Meri came into our room at 5am and needed our help.  I wish she'd come in earlier, but when a kid is as independent as she is, she thinks she needs to handle grown up stuff all on her own.


sigh...  So there was drama early in the day.

You don't need to know what it is.  sorry.  But I'm proud of my girl.  
Her heart is bigger than the moon.

Another Homecoming to remember!  Not that we could forget if we wanted to...

5 comments:

slugmama said...

Oy! The life of a teenager.
So which one of those fellas does Meri have her eye on? ;-)

Anne in the kitchen said...

I miss having kids at home, yet I don't miss the complications that happen. Hoping for the best with whatever Meri had to deal with. A big hearted teen is a treasure.

SAM said...

I wish it was so easy to just say, "it will be alright" and it will feel alright for them. I've had little drama so far, but mostly because my youngest is pretty oblivious to her own social angst, but she doe observe and support her it in her friends.

Michelle said...

I do hope all works out okay.

TBravo said...

I'd lay money on the fact that she was trying to help a friend.....and you were able to help her do exactly that, even if it was in a different way than she envisioned.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails