Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Showing Nada

On Saturday morning, after the drama alluded to in yesterday's post, I attended the monthly sewing meeting.  FUN!  I took away two very large wine boxes full of ... fabric! and tons of inspiration.

I showed the wedding dress, flower girl dress, a sweater and my blue tunic.  Told them a bit of the state fair judge feedback and then sat back and enjoyed everyone else's show and share time.

I'm thinking I must have loved Kindergarten...

At lunch time, Meri met up with me and we ate at a food truck owned by some friends of hers.  Delish!  If you've never had a Torta before, oohhhhh... try it with beef. YUM!  Meri got two small tacos so I had to share a little of mine with her.

THEN I took a nap.  I KNOW!!!  I never do that!  But I did.  For 2.5 hours.  I guess I needed it.

I think I vegged that evening, browsing through Burda magazines that are still gracing the couch.

Sunday, after church and a massive grocery shopping spree, I actually got a smidgen of time to sew.  I covered a triangular style cushion and have been using it on my bed since then when we watch tv there.  My neck had been having trouble and my chiropractor was convinced that I was looking down in my lap at the computer all day or getting arthritis in my neck joints.  Ummm.. It's probably how I watch tv...  So we're changing that.  And probably getting a mount on the wall for the tv soon.

I made a fabulous supper that burned, but no one complained.  

I took Leon shopping last night for a few things, 


NOT these things.


But there were right there in the aisle and he couldn't resist.  

He wants me to make this type of costume for him.  


I'm researching how that can be done.  I have 42 days to make a Harry Potter costume AND a Pterodactyl AND a T-Rex.  ALL for him.

He's probably going to change every other block.

Anyway.  There it is.  Tuesday with nothing to show for it.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

3 Halloween costumes is a fabulous idea, especially since I am not the one who has to make them. I love reading your posts!

SAM said...

I saw those big animal heads the other day and thought they were funny. I bet they will be the rage on college campus's.good for you giving inot your body and napping. I love a good nap!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails