Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Sew Needed It!

Robb was out of town for the weekend and I was going to fill my day with whatever I wanted.  I woke up Saturday ALL determined to spend the entire day sewing.  And I did pretty well for several hours!  However I did wait until I got out of bed... like 9am...  I first finished watching a movie that Meri and I had started on Friday night.  She asked if she could just go to bed half way through because ... dang...  this isn't a comedy is it?  With Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller, we thought it SHOULD have been.  I guess two comedians equals a dud. (-2)x(-2)=4 Do the math.  

It was the worst movie I've seen since Ishtar.


And that's saying something in our house.  We used to have that as our computer password when the kids were little and we didn't want them on it all the time.  "What's the worst movie in the world?"  They never guessed it.  But G...reat.  Now I have the Ishtar theme running through my head...  
"telling the truth is a dangerous business...."

But Meyerowitz is too long a password these days.

Maybe you'll understand it.  The Meyerowitz Stories (new and selected).  I think it hit too close to home with my parents and the hospitalization sibling responsibilities, but then way too far off the mark with the whole NYC culture aspect.  It made me wonder if small town godly, morality driven people are a dying breed.

I'll stay in the small town, thank you very much.

If either of those two movies are your favorites, then I apologize...  Dustin Hoffman HAS made good ones, but in my mind, these two are not them...  Give me Tootsie ANY day!!!

ANYWAY!  I DID finally get out of bed and sew.  I finished Leon's costume (all from the ASG free table, except for the belt which came from his Link costume)  and except for the shoe part of the boots.  The boots have a velcro strip up the back and as of last night have elastic sewn around the bottom of the shoe part to hold them down.  He was running around the house last night waving around his light(saver) still in a box because his dad said he couldn't open it until tonight.  

He loves the outfit now.  As opposed to the other day, when all it did was make him cry.

Sunday night's modeling.

After I got his costume to the most I could do, I cut into some leather-like knit (also from the ASG free table) and made a hooded Darth Vader cape for his dad.  Got it to a point where I needed Ryan to try it on and stopped.

Mid afternoon, Meri came home and I told her to get dolled up for a Senior photo session.

She did and of course, it was POURING down rain.  So we didn't get off the porch,



well, didn't get off the porch very much...



I stood out in the rain for these two.  Under an umbrella.


I really like the one below.  


Then I caught up with her a little while later when the rain finally stopped and just before she was going to go out with friends.  I wanted to get her under the tree colors.



UGGG - forgot about the bracelet thingy again!  I might have to photoshop that one out too.

After she left, I went back upstairs and sewed more.  
I started on a long skirt for me to wear for the Reformation Day service.  It may or may not get done.  We'll see.   I've got almost two weeks for that one and I still want to make a top to go with it.

We're going to go to the Living History Farms before Halloween with Leon and Ryan and we just found out that Meri is going to be able to go along too, so at her request, I actually purchased some white knit flowy stuff to make her into Princess Leia.  (I called Maddy for a coupon.) If Jen goes, she'll have to be Queen Amidala or something else and will have to come up with her own costume.  Unless she wants me to make something for her.  We'll see.

Robb and I will go as the grandparents to Luke Skywalker.  I think they wear modern days clothes...

So that's my weekend run through.
OH!  I got a NAP on Sunday!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am impressed with Leon's costume and Meri's photos. Nice work!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love Meri's photos..Beautiful ..[sorry the rain set in]
The costume brought back such fond memories.. My son who is a baptist minister now and 41 yrs old... Well , when he was 5, I made him this costumes, and he loved it.. Played in it for years..It was well worth the sew.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails