Friday, October 20, 2017

McValson Cruiseline

When I was in high school, I named my Ford Pinto after Tom Cruise.

Also probably for the fact that I thought I'd never go ON a cruise...  I did love the Love Boat too...  


So I lived vicariously through my little Cruiser.  


Mine was nicer!  Until it got run over of course...  But that's a story HERE or HERE.

And this post is NOT about my much loved little tin can of rust.  My sisters, brother and I are talking about going ON a real cruise in 2019!!  I'm saving my pennies and hiding them cleverly from people in my house that might be looking for the odd quarter to round out their change for a pop or some change for a parking meter.  

*there are no parking meters in our town...*

or change to bribe a little boy to sleep in his own bed...

It started out as the Sister's Cruise, but has morphed into the McValson Sibling Cruise.  
*Not my sibling's name for it.*

I'm a little apprehensive...  I've seen the Poseidon Adventure a few too many times maybe...



I'm sure it will be just fine, safe and fun!
And it won't be on New Year's Eve.
I'll just need to get a cabin close to the engine room.

I have one sister that has been on several and another who just celebrated her and her husband's 25th wedding anniversary by going on a cruise off of Florida just after all the hurricanes.  The cruise line just reroutes things if there is a problem.  Judging from her comments and photos, they had a great time!


I'm counting the days.  The staff seems like a LOT of fun!


and my companions will be a riot.

3 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

What a fun trip! Keep hiding those pennies!

Southern Gal said...

Fun! My sister is going with her daughter in a few weeks. You're brave. I've seen the Poseidon Adventure one too many times, too.

Jane said...

That's sounds exciting - you might want to downplay the Poseidon adventure though when around your siblings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails