Thursday, October 19, 2017

Throwback Thursday Scariest Momma

Wow...  EIGHT years ago!  On this very day.  Not much has changed.  I'll put my current day comments in highlights.  Oh and the pics are new too.

10/19/2009
Ok - I've been put to a challenge... Scary Mommy over at ScaryMommy.com has challenged us to confess what kind of a scary mommy you really are...
Back when ScaryMommy was just your average blogger like me!  I read her and she read me.

Here are just a few examples...

1) At a school concert and teenage son waves at a cute bubbly girl that he's been trying to get a date with. Her mom wants to meet son before he can date bubbles, so when the girl comes over to say hi and I find out that her mom is here, I say (before I can think), "Son! Go over and meet her so you can ask so and so out on a date!" In front of Bubbles... Son just sat down with me and shook his head as Bubbles went away looking a little scared of me. He's not mad, but just very disappointed in me and says that I can't talk to his friends anymore. And the worse part was, as I was saying it, I felt like I was trying to grab the words and suck them back in, but it didn't work.  
I just usually keep my mouth shut nowadays...

2) I only wear whatever makeup I can put on in the 3 miles before the turn off for the interstate. Most days I don't wear makeup at all.  I don't work away from home anymore, so if I wear makeup it's because I've planned it for a special event AND found my makeup bag. Those two things HAVE to coincide.

3) I have a bumper sticker on my car that says "My Other Car Was Totaled by my son"   I don't anymore.  For two reasons... It made me self-conscious of my own driving AND it fell off during a car wash once somewhere.


4) I am the mom that leaves scrapbooks of my kids laying around the house for when their girlfriends come over and direct the younger siblings to point out the cute potty pictures of their brother. Oh come on!!! The stickers are well placed!  The scrapbooks are still there, but Leon doesn't know how to find the right pictures yet... YET.

5) I am the mom who refuses to duck when dropping off the kids at the bus stops and insisted on a kiss at the bus stop from each of them until 8th grade.  Meri has outgrown the 8th grade, so this doesn't apply anymore.  It may with Leon someday if I have to drive him to school


6) I am the mom who made her kids do their endangered species report ENTIRELY on their own and saw how many other parents practically did the reports for their kids at the parents night... Seriously?? They know how to imbed pictures in the reports in 3rd grade??  Still.. RIGHT?!

7) I am the mom that will not let her kids date until they're 16 years old. Still. Unless they have super secret permission.



8) I am the mom that has really embarrassing conversations with her kids. Well - on their part of the conversation it is... I'm fine.  Oh THIS is still a thing... Just ask my girls about a convo a couple weeks ago!  If they deny it, then it's still embarrassing them and my power is just stronger these days.



9) I wake the kids up by just turning on the lights. Sometimes...  I've mellowed on this one. *knock knock knock* name! *Knock Knock Knock* Name! *knOCK knOCK knOCK* NAME! Don't you have to work at 8??


10) I am the mom who cried for 3 days straight when my son moved out. True dat...  Every now and then just thinking about a kid leaving for good hits me. sigh.  for the son, it didn't take.


11) I am the mom who pushes her kids to get their 4H projects in on time. Even tho they decide at the last minute that they don't want to do it. Still...  LAST year for 4H!  Unless Leon joins some day.





12) I am the mom that hovered over their daughter as she struggled to hit the right key on the piano. Just PRESS THE KEY! JUST PRESS IT! My blood pressure went thru the roof. And yes I was...


13) I sewed up a side seam on a shirt that my son deliberately tore because he didn't want to wear it to school and made him wear it anyway. And yes I did.


14) I pick the kids hair styles until 5th grade because by then they're usually paying attention to how they look. Example Leon...

.
Meri is so in charge of her hair these days.  And why not? Isn't it gorgeous?


I know I have several more examples. But don't want to scare you this close to Halloween.

Still scary after all these years...

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love this post and getting to know even more about you ;-) Thanks for sharing and the pictures are just great too!! You're an awesome mom! Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Jill

slugmama said...

I think I'd rather have an over-involved "scary" mommy than a truly scary mommy. lolz

Jane said...

I think you could publish this compilation as "Scary (but effective) Mothering 101"! Fortunately Kazi was a good kid most of the time. But there was a time when we drove home from Dairy Queen without making a purchase due to poor behaviour. Oh yes I did!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails