Monday, October 23, 2017

Weekend and the Chosen

 Friday night...  Robb and I attended the LAST football game that Meri would be marching for. 


 It was kind of bitter sweet...  



And the Billy Joel medley was great!  


 
These LAST events for my baby senior are probably going to be too much for me this year.  
I'll let you know.

I brought along some sewing to do at the breezy game and when we got home, I cut out some more to do for Saturday's event. We left after the half time show as usual.

On Saturday, I attended an ASG sewing event, the big one of the year.  Where the group hires someone to come in and give us an all day presentation.  I spent the morning sewing together some mittens while I listened.  I'll show you those tomorrow.

The speaker was basically the fabric whisperer.

Most everyone brought fabric that they didn't know what to do with and she felt it, draped it across her or someone else, giving out ideas on what could be done with it.  Everyone needs a person like that in their lives.

The IDEA gal!

Then she spent the afternoon showing how to put the finishing touches on garments.  It almost made me look forward to hemming that skirt I made.

almost...

I had to leave a smidgen early but felt inspired to spend the rest of the day sewing.  However instead, we had company coming, so I spent the rest of the day preparing food with Robb while we waited for my SIL and niece to arrive.  The rest of the evening was catching up with them and lots of laughter.

Meri had spent the entire day off at All-State choir tryouts.  She was able to get in on a little visiting too and sang her tryout song for Cathy.

And the big news of the day, was that she got INTO the All-State choir!!  She didn't get a call-back tryout and was pretty bummed until she saw that she'd gotten in WITHOUT a call-back!  Those lists come out later.  Enough to make you panic though!

The concert will be in November and Robb needs to get the tickets purchased soon.  I don't want to sit in the nosebleed section! ;)

So, congratulations to Meri!  A friend, whose son got in also, posted a big thing on Facebook congratulating him, so it's a thing.  So not to be outdone, I posted these two photos and overnight got over 130 likes/loves.

  Mostly Meri's friends I think.  Yay for her!  In the photo on the left, she sang the song from Annie, "Tomorrow" for her cousin's wedding.  Back when she was taking voice lessons.
So I'm not TOO surprised she was chosen, but extremely glad.  She deserves it.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I know when the baby leaves the nest it feels like a bunch of "lasts", but I found it was followed by a ton of "firsts" too.
Congratulations Meri!

SAM said...

Oh what a lot of bitter sweet moments. You'll make me cry as you share them all. Congratulations to your lovely girl. May all her dreams come true. Thanks, Anne for that perspective.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails