Monday, November 20, 2017

All State & The Learning Curse

Maddy arrived early afternoon and we had a great time catching up.  Partly because I could stop cleaning once company arrived.  Silly little traditions...

Robb had a nice crockpot dinner and then we headed to Ames where Meri was participating in the All State Choir performance.  These were our seats...  We were 3 feet from hitting our heads on the ceiling... 

  

The official nosebleed section. 


My companions.


Maddy and I braved it down the steep stairs and met up with Meri just before they had to line up to get to their spots.



The "Where's Meri" game!

We already knew because she told us exactly where she'd be...

The cream of the crop.


Afterwards Meri rode back with us and we stopped for buckets of ice cream to use our car spoons on for the drive home.

The concert was great.  As soon as I have some of the videos loaded to Youtube, I'll post them here.
In the meanwhile, Leon couldn't see Meri before he had to leave on Friday so I recorded his goodbye for her.


and yep, Leon helped me hang the Christmas lights on Friday afternoon before he left.
Robb tells me that for every Christmas light lit before Thanksgiving, an elf kills a reindeer...
 I hope Santa has a few left for his sleigh.

Over the weekend, I also migrated to Maddy's old phone.  YES... I have a smart phone now and I am now the person who I used to scowl at.  My nose constantly in my phone...    It's the darn learning stage.  I'll try not to get addicted.  I'm also wondering if I need to up my reading glass level...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow....you were up high! I know you are enjoying Maddy being home.

Linda said...

I could never stand to be that high, even when I could walk well. I am going to remember the reindeer. It's a struggle to learn to learn the phone. I still have my flip phone for calling people.

Jane said...

This post just reinforced my fear of heights!! Hope Leon gets a sleepover with Meri soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails