Monday, December 18, 2017

And You Can Call Me...

This girl...
I love her to pieces, even when she hates me.

 

On Friday, I called her to see how soon she'd get home because she was Ryan's chauffeur for the afternoon.  She said, "In about five minutes, just leaving.  But you might as well start calling me Val."

Wha??  

"You should start calling me Val!"

Why? Why would I call you Val? I'M Val.

"BELLE Mom!  You should start calling me BELLE!"
I guess the fam is right about me needing a hearing aide.

EEEIIIEEEEE!!!!!
She got the PART!!!
She is now the Belle of the ball.  The Belle of my heart.
  

The Belle in the Beauty and the Beast high school musical this spring!!!

 Probably not animated...

And I think I'll be making her costumes for it.  She's already decided that the ball gown, if I make it for her, will also double as her prom dress so she'll be the Belle of THAT ball too!

On Saturday, we did a road trip where we were in the car for six hours.  More on that trip tomorrow.  She gave us all the details on how she found out and it was adorable.  She also put on the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack on spotify and sang for six hours with Robb and I as backup and Mrs. Potts.

Robb could be her stand in easily, since he now knows all the songs already.

When Ryan was a toddler, he wouldn't eat unless we had the Beauty and the Beast VHS playing.  He wouldn't sleep unless he was snuggled up to a Belle toy.  So we're quite familiar with B&theB already. But this version is the Broadway version, so a few new songs.
Robb's got  them all nailed now.  


This girl is going places!
And I should probably start calling her Belle.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Awe! Congrats to your daughter! I love "Beauty and the Beast"

slugmama said...

Nah, I don't think Robb would look good in yellow hoop skirts. lol
Congratulations to Meri though! She'll be awesome.

Michelle said...

How great! Congrats to your girl!

Jane said...

That's fantastic news! She'll be a beautiful Belle :) That 1st photo of her in this post is so gorgeous! B and the B was Kazi's first VHS movie so I know it well...too well!

Southern Gal said...

Congratulations to your beautiful girl! That's so exciting.

I need glasses and a hearing aid I'm told. Hmph.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails