Thursday, December 14, 2017

Limited Seating & Santa's beliefs

huh!  I forgot to post anything yesterday... Frankly, the day was a blur.  I got to 5 pm and just thought, "What have I even gotten DONE today??!"

But here I am.  I also forgot to mention Meri's school concert on Monday night.  Robb coming from one direction and Leon and I from another, meeting up just time to not find ANY good seats.  We almost had to sit in seats BEHIND the stage.  BUT we were just able to see Meri so all was good.  Except I was in a 'tude and so was Leon.  But enough of personality conflicts.

The place was so packed that even some of the choir kids had to just stand against the wall.


The concert was beautiful and Meri had two vocal solos!  I'm so proud of her.  A lot of folks came up to me later to say how good she was.

Here is one of them.  She and a friend sang together in this one at about the 1:30 mark.


Then the band was after that and we were regaled with songs from Polar Express as well as a song that was named Santa's Journey, but really sounded like a bunch of jazzed up Christmas hymns...  But Santa IS supposed to be Christian, so I guess that's ok.  Last night I was just telling Leon about these two ornaments that we have on the tree.  


And look at that!  I screwed up and sent a video of it instead.  Oh well, I'm not going back and redoing it now.  On to bigger and better things today!

Have a wonderful Thursday and it's almost the weekend!!!!

3 comments:

SAM said...

The concerts are so good. She was brilliant. 'Tudes aside, I hope you all enjoy your count down to Santa.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Meri has a beautiful voice.

Meg B. said...

Beautiful voice. Why'd she punch the kid in front of her?
Chamber choir concerts are my favorite Christmas activity. Yours seemed lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails