Monday, December 11, 2017

Wedding Weekends

My big and only brother arrived late on Friday night and leaving early the next morning, drove with us to Kentucky for my nephew's wedding.  Nine hours of Chuck Norris jokes and stories of our youth and our kids made the trip go faster.  Although my bottom hurt after sitting for so long...  

Yes, that is the St. Louis Arch.  We passed it twice in the same morning.  Long story...
but roll em up!



I filled the time by doing some hand sewing.  I'm still not done with the hand sewing, but did make some great progress on some Christmas gifts.  I have more road trips between now and then, so they'll get done.



Robb rented a car and besides being cleaner than ours, it was better on mileage than our current cars, so win win!  Plus it looked GOOD!!  and had some futuristic dash that could transform into a jet (or at least look like it) with the push of a button.

We got to our hotel in time to get cleaned up and into nicer clothes, then off to the wedding.


The place was gorgeous!  I couldn't get enough of the chandeliers.




My sister (mother of the groom) being walked in for the service.  She was lovely.




My nephew, the groom.  David.


A few of the groomsmen with the groom.  There are 3 more brothers and two sisters.


After a lovely buffet, the dance started.  

Tammy got her mother/son dance and that was so sweet.


Robb even got out on the dance floor with me twice!  Then a dance back by our table.  Tammy pulled me out onto the dance for a lot more and by the end of the night, I was exhausted and my throat hurt from singing along with the songs.

and yes, Sister Sledge and We Are Family.  That needs to play earlier wedding dances...
But I was glad it played when it did here.  Almost all the guests were gone except for our immediate families and little kids dancing around chasing balloons.  I don't mind acting like a fool in front of them!  So my big sis and I cut a rug and sang at the top of our voices.  Tammy is going to have to learn the words better by the next wedding.

Here is a video of several of my nephews getting DOWN!
Too funny!  Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle!



Tammy and most of her kids dancing together.


There were lots of photo ops of this.  These two lovebirds were so sweet.

  
What a beautiful evening.


Tammy and one of her girls went back to the hotel with us and we sat up and talked for a while before everyone decided they were too tired to sit up and snack anymore.  And we left bright and early the next morning (well, a hour or so later than Saturday) and headed for home, picking up Leon on the way.

What a long but swift weekend.  I can't believe I'm sitting back at my computer desk already!

2 comments:

SAM said...

Congratulations to your family. That sounds like a fun road trip.

Michelle said...

Hey, Kentucky is a great state for a wedding! lol Glad you had a great trip. Nine hours is a long drive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails