Friday, January 19, 2018

The Mouths of Babes

Working with kindergartners would be exciting, I think.  Of COURSE exasperating too, because even though they think they know it all, they really don't...   Kind of like a short teenager.

Maddy has been sharing the many adventures of teaching kindergarten.  She could wrote a book!  Well, if she still had any energy left at the end of the day, that is...

a few things she has shared... from her point of view.

In August
In class we were working on labeling family members (such as mom, dad,...). I showed this picture and pointed to Ryan. When asked who this was, someone said, "Is he your grandpa?" Then, when pointing to Leon, a student said, "I think that's me!"


LOL!

In September
Kindergarten Student: "I KNOW how you and Mr. McT met. You were at the grocery store and Mr. McT said, 'Hi! I'm Mr. McT' and you said 'I'm Mrs. McT! We have the same name! Let's get married and have kids!'"

also in September.
During our Christ Light lesson today....
Me: Which book should we read everyday that tells us about someone who loves us very much?
Student: SKIPPY JON JONES!

just after Christmas break
Me: When you are on a plane, someone will talk to you over an intercom and tell you about the flight. Who is this person?
Kindergartener: GOD!!!!!!
Review after break has been rough. #christianschoolprobs


Yesterday during math class...
A student raised her hand. I called on her (we were learning a new concept and I thought her question could benefit the whole class..)
Student: When are you going to have kids????? I just know they are going to be so cute!!!!!
All other students: Bring us pictures when you have them!!!!
Today...
Student: Mrs. McT, will you zip up my coat and do you have kids yet?

Wow!  Those kids!!  I would find it VERY hard to keep a straight face as a kindergarten teacher...

2 comments:

SAM said...

I have to find Maddie a copy of the book For the Love of Children, published by my old employer. It is the heart felt stories of early childhood educators.

Jane said...

That's hilarious! As a former teacher I WISH I had written down all the funny comments. If Maddy can she'll have a best seller for sure!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails