Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Geographical Decisions

Leon and I heard a woodpecker this morning while waiting for the bus.  And after walking around the yard to see which house it was coming from, he soon discovered it in our OWN tree!  That was pretty exciting for him.  He thinks now that the birds love our house.  Not true, but maybe just that one woodpecker.


The prom dress has two layers of the bodice cut out and now I'm at odds with myself trying to decide how to position the bodice on top of the map fabric.  I'm afraid of what it will look like from a distance.
"What is THAT on that poor girls chest?!"
 

Quite possibly Europe.

I also don't want someone to point out where they've been by pointing to her nipple.

The quandary... 

Anyway, the map fabric is above and Meri, Sabrina and I agonized over the rest of the fabrics.  We went back and forth between rows at JoAnns dragging the map fabric over to lay next to various colors, starting with black.  No good there.  She settled on a color that she's always loved, peach.  

The overlay is peach organza.  The actual skirt under the overlay will be eggnog colored crepe backed satin with matching lining.  The peach over the eggnog makes me hungry...


This is what we're making.  However the shoulders will not have the sleeves, just a single strap over the top of each shoulder.


So... sew...  I'm pecking away at things.  I've got a month and the suit starts on Saturday.

2 comments:

Linda said...

For years a woodpecker pecked away at our metal chimney cover. He started very early and drove us nuts. And, we have plenty of big trees in the yard. Stupid bird.

Southern Gal said...

The dress is going to be lovely. I understand the quandry. I have a dress that has a pattern and all I see when I look in the mirror are two dots strategically placed. I wear a sweater over it. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails