Thursday, April 19, 2018

Banner Liars

Only because of the banners that I'd ordered for Meri's party...  Aren't these cool?  
Sorry I only have the pic so far with all the wrinkles...


We'll have them hanging around during the party in various places.  The one on the
right says, And The Adventure Begins.  

SOO cool and only $11 or so each at www.bestofsigns.com.

I'm going to take Flat Stanley to lunch with Leon and myself.  
He's helping me pack the boys lunch here.



AND Meri and I did a quick design on her little invites to give to 300 of her closest friends and she'll start handing them out today.  Super easy just uploading a labels document full of the image we made in Picasa.  Then Staples even cut them for me for free!  LOVE those guys!


The continents for Meri's dress got cut out and edged yesterday but that's just about all that got done so far on the sewing aspect.  

I purchased some thread to match the suit yesterday and will make the buttonhole today.  It's ALMOST done.

The dress still has more work to go, so that might be my break this afternoon or this evening.

The campus visit yesterday went REALLY well and almost convinced me to quit my job and go back to school.  Probably for the Culinary department.  Maybe I was just hungry...  Meri wants to own, run her own restaurant some day so she's doing the culinary program at a nearby community college and there is a business end of it too, so she'll get the whole gamut.  The students run a restaurant on campus and it's beautiful.  I might drive the 45 minutes just for lunch some days...  When there is a special person working, I mean...

Anyway, back to work.  I hope you're having a wonderful day!  And hang on!!!!  It's warming up!!!!  And no more snow in our neck of Iowa!!!  YAY!!!  60s and 70s by next week.  FINALLY!

Stupid groundhog.  He's such a liar.

 In his defense.

3 comments:

Linda said...

The community college here served a huge buffet for about $4. We went there and quit for some reason. I need to check on that. At least they learn food safety regulations and to not serve tea with a finger in it. Yes, old guy at a church handed me a cup of tea that he was holding with his thumb inside. aaaaagh ewww

Anne in the kitchen said...

I love everything about working in a restaurant kitchen except the heat and the weekend hours. My advice to Meri would be to work in the kitchen of one this summer and see if that is what appeals to her. My nephew majored in Hospitality Arts ( Fancy name for a degree restaurant and lodging management ) When he graduated from college he had never had a job in the industry. After a 6 month stint as a line cook in a very busy local restaurant, he c=decided he wanted no part of it.

Jane said...

Those banners are awesome!! The college near me has their own restaurant also, and the food and service is amazing - it's a great program!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails