Friday, April 20, 2018

The Adventures Never End.

I took flat Stanley to school yesterday so we could have lunch with the boy.  

See my princess thermos?  I had made a few quarts of chicken noodle soup for a sick friend and loaded up my thermos with it before I left the house.  Dropped off the larger quantity at their house, ringing the doorbell and dashing.  

They're contagious!

Anyway, I got to the school too early and the kids were still at recess.  So FS  got a few photo ops and then I accidentally left him there.  oops!
Flat Stanley should have some sad stories to tell when he gets to his own home...


When the kids out back, I found out the that was the day that Leon and a few other kids go and have their lunch with the guidance counselor.  He's in a little group of kids that talk with each other about what it's like to be in a broken family.  So I didn't want to interrupt that little talk, so I came back today.

I picked up some Jimmy John's food and ate that with Leon eating his "snack" lunch today.  The kids around me were all talking at once.  Leon likes to get the kids around him to tell scary stories and a few of these kids all told stories at the same time. 


All to me...  So I'm a lot of smiling and chuckling at each one of them, pretending to give each my full attention.  all while trying to make sure Leon doesn't throw what he doesn't like away.  

"Hey!  SOMEONE will eat those mini-muffins!!!"  in the car on the way home...

After lunch, the teacher let Leon talk about Flat Stanley and where he came from.  Leon didn't know.  FS just showed up one day.


So I had to jump in a little and explain.  His cousin, Kolbee, in Georgia.  He's never met him.

She also allowed me to take a class picture with FS.  FS isn't going to Disneyland or anything but a kid's kindergarten classroom in the next best thing.  Plus, he's going to have cake tonight.


After that, it was PE time.  With the same teacher that all three of my kids had all through their elementary years.  They were running back and forth across the gym to get warmed up to learn the Macarena!  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stick around long enough for that.


But Leon ran to hug me before I left.  I wasn't going to see him after school today as Robb took him straight from school to his moms.  darn.

Tonight we're going to celebrate a nephew's birthday.  I made a marble cake and the center sunk in.  It looked pretty ugly, until I popped several mini-cupcakes and a regular cupcake into the hole.  Now it looks like a flower.  Sorry - no pic yet.  It's been a long day and I don't want to run back downstairs.

I hope he remembers to come up for dinner!  Or we'll take pictures of us singing Happy Birthday to the cake again and eat it ourselves... again...

2 comments:

SAM said...

I think the flat Stanley project is such a timeless actiity-I hope it never goes out of fashion with teachers.

Jane said...

How great is it you get to see Leon in action at school! I love that he stills comes and hugs you when you leave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails