Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I'm losing it.

Hmmm.. I forgot to post yesterday.  The day got away from me I guess!

Monday and Tuesday, Meri had friends over after school.  On Monday, they had a Chopped competition and made desserts.  I believe Briar invented Hawaiian S'mores. That's when you take pineapple bits and place a melted marshmallow over the top then between two graham crackers...  I actually wouldn't mind trying that!


Tuesday, Briar and Meri made another pan of mint candies for the grad party.  Then they ran to pick up another friend, apparently to help, but I misinterpreted Meri's sentence.  "We'll be RIGHT back!"  To mean what it usually means.  "See you at 9:30 tonight."   And I cleaned up the messy counter they'd left behind.  They came back with Emily and Meri asked where all the stuff was...  sigh...  Well, in the process of cleaning up, the tiny rose mold that they'd been using got lost.  


I THOUGHT I'd put it in the sink, but nope.  I even did the dishes and didn't see it.  Since then, every nook, drawer and cranny around the sink/kitchen areas have been cleaned looking for it.  

I suppose the rest of her grad mints could be shaped like wedding bells...

Amazon saved the day and I ordered another mint mold that has 25 molds all in one.  They'll be done lickety split... NEXT week...  

Meri and Briar had made two more batches and they're in the fridge, just chillin.


I've moved the waistline up on Meri's prom dress by 1/2 an inch and had to redo the bottom of the zipper to accomplish that.  Made a few other altercations and will tackle the hem this afternoon.  I should probably have her try it on again when she gets home today...

STILL haven't found that mint mold!  I even went through the trash!  sigh... 
I'm losing it in more ways than one.

2 comments:

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am convinced there are some evil fairies who hang around and sniatch small items, They hide them for a while, then put the somewhere in plain sight all for their evil fairy amusement. Or is that how I justify my own carelessness? Nope, evil fairies makes more sense.

Linda said...

I find things like that stuck to the bottom of something else! I absolutely hate having to remove the bottom of the zipper to fix a waistline.

Oh, have you shaken out all the dishcloths and towels?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails