Monday, April 23, 2018

Priorities and how to avoid them

 Friday night, we invited my nephew, Josh, up for dinner. SSSN (super secret steak night) and pizza from a local gas station that he and his sisters couldn't get enough of when attending the college nearby...  It takes both to entice him to come for dinner...


And a little au jus for dipping.  I was the only one who did that.  Meri ate before we did, as we were waiting on a couple people and she was chomping at the bit to get going on a road trip.  She was headed to Kansas City with a friend to spend the weekend with her aunt and family.  

Leon wasn't able to attend, so that was a bummer, but Josh enjoyed his marble cake.  The center of it dropped like a black hole and I tried to be creative on how to fill it.

How about a flower?

And he's 21 now, but I didn't have a two candle... Improvisation is key!
It took him a minute to understand it, then he laughed loud.


Part of our gift to him was a huge barrel of cheese balls from Sam's club.  Historically, he's always loved them when we have them at the house during Christmas.  And the last barrel I'd bought for him and dropped off at his house that he rents with several other boys was eaten by the several other boys before Josh got back from a trip...  

He didn't even know about it until he was telling them that he was going to his aunt and uncles for dinner and one of them said, "Is that the aunt that dropped off the cheese balls?"  "What cheese balls?..."

We sent the rest of the cake home with him for his dear roommates.
Not even laced with anything!  I suppose we're heaping coals of fire on them heads... :)

I attended a sewing meeting on Saturday morning and came away with 6 dress manequins for the grad party and a whole bag of fabric from the free table for future sewing.  Oh, and very energized to finish the prom dress and suit/jacket completely.  I did show them at the meeting anyway and got lots of encouragement.

Got Meri to try the dress on when she got back on Sunday and I've got lots of adjustments to make.  It'll happen.  I have CLEAR until Saturday night!!! But it's coming together.  

She and I got her graduation invites ready to mail also, placing the stamps on all of them during a visit with Ada.   Then we went home and made a pan full of mint candies that had been chilling since earlier in the week.  They'll be frozen soon and waiting for the party... If I don't eat them first.


And then, since Meri will be a master chef someday, she made us supper!  Flat Stanley helped out by not jumping into her pan.


Flat Stanley has to get some of his vacay pics printed out for his trip back later in the week.

When Leon got home, he rode his bike down to the corner and back for me, then ran to the corner and back for Grandpa.  He's training for any triathlon that might be coming up when he's older.  Can't wait for the pool to open so he can get his swimming training in!


The weather is beautiful now!  60s and 70s for the weekend and supposed to hit 70s again today!  It's got me geared up for outdoor work.

But I've got to get this dress done first...

4 comments:

Making Cents Of It All said...

I remember the flat Stanly days. He would go on an adventure with all of the kids. That is great that your daughter helps and cooks, Good skills for her to know. My our oldest daughter comes home pizza and bagels are a must. It sounds like the party was great.

SAM said...

You will be well prepared for graduation as you are already ahead of the curve form most people. I wish my daughter woudl surpise us and make dinner. I woudl care less what it was.

Michelle said...

Gas station pizza is the best...at least around here it is. Flat Stanley is awesome and I recognized him straight away :)

Jane said...

Very creative thinking: 19 + 1 + 1!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails