Monday, August 20, 2018

Mundane Dreams

On Friday, I spent as much time as I could spare trying to get the new mower tire back on.  I did, but then even though the mower would start, it wouldn't move...  Apparently you have to have it on exactly right...  


Youtube tutorials are the BEST!  So I searched the grass and found the square key that had fallen out when the menfolk took the wheel off.  The tricky part was getting the ring clip back on.  Yikes!  No Youtube video was helpful with that at all!  I ended up using a needlenose pliers and popped it back on.  The mower started!!!  AND I was covered in grease.  But I didn't have time to mow just then so I waited until later that day and then the mower wouldn't start.  It just doesn't like to when it gets too hot out.  Our mower is flakey.

Friday, after work, I took the boy to the pool and while I visited with another Mom, Leon got into trouble so I had to drag him out.  He was NOT happy with me!!  "IT'S NOT FAIR!!!"  

In the car, I was still getting after him about it and asked him what would happen if I said that we were leaving the pool because he'd been bad, but then I let him go back in?  

His answer: "I'd be happy?"

NO!!!!  You'd end up being a person who thought they could get away with ANYTHING!
(but inside I was chuckling... His thought process is pretty funny.)

On Saturday afternoon, I took him back to the pool under strict guidelines.  Thankfully the pool was mostly empty AND we brought the boat I'd bought back in March for $5.  We thought that it wasn't allowed at the pool, but after seeing giant flamingos and other floaties that people had brought to the pool, and only 2 days left of the pool being open, we thought..what'll they do?  Throw us out?!"
They didn't say a word.. 

Leon LOVED it!  He lounged and played like it was his best friend.



On Sunday after church, we took Meri and Leon to a mongolian grill buffet, because Mongol's make the BEST!  Leon discovered more food that he likes!  Still no veggies, but we'll get there.  He begrudgingly ate a piece of cooked carrot on Saturday...



That afternoon, I took him back to the pool for the LAST day open!!  Most of the lifeguards graduated this past spring so they were off to college or high school football practice and didn't have enough lifeguards to man the pool for another two weeks until Labor Day.  

It was a lot busier!!!  and just as I was about to pull him out to go home, his bestest friends in the www (Whole Wide World) showed up!  


This brother and sister played with Leon non-stop and hugged him when we left. 


 They loved the boat too and they all had a blast.

I also made chocolate cupcakes from scratch with my new kitchen aid mixer and oh my YUM!!!!  I will never buy a box mix again!  Unless I'm short on time...  Get the recipe HERE.  


I used canned frosting, but put it in a baggie with a frosting tip tucked in the corner.  Not super fancy, but hey, it's me!  We took them to the nursing home to help celebrate Ada's husband's birthday.  They enjoyed them too.  Robb had made him a Bacon Explosion and a huge grilled pork loin as well as found him a candle online that was scented like A1 sauce!  Mike shouldn't have to cook for a GOOD long time!  Or at least he can make it smell like he is.

Well, that was my weekend...  


Things are heating up (or if you're talking weather-wise, getting cooler).  Looking forward to a boring week.  I hope I'm still young enough to enjoy it when I finally get one.

2 comments:

Jane said...

The dog days of summer are coming to an end :( I'm hoping to squeeze in another beach day or two before my friends head back to work (teachers who are younger than me and not retired - YAY me!) Leon certainly had a great time in the pool over summer with his friends - is he looking forward to going back to school?

SAM said...

We missed a lot of lasts of summer being gone until last night. Pool closed Sunday, car shows end and school starts next week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails