Monday, September 17, 2018

FORTUNE-ately.

SOOOO....  Leon had a really bad day on Friday.  Resulting in Ryan having to pay some big bucks to replace a kid's glasses...  Both were at fault, but still...  Instead of revenge tactics, Leon is now learning some alternative ways to deal with bullies.  I know I had to when I was in elementary school...

So after some serious talks with us, we then open his book bag to reveal this.
holy cow...  How can you stay MAD at this kid?


So, while he may not be street smart, he's a good reader!  
I sent it off to his dad and aunts and got funny responses.  "...  so he's super smart then?" "He is CRAZY smart!"
It's the first test people and we've been reading with him all summer!  I'm sure it will level off.

Reminded me of when Malcolm in the Middle family realized what a genius Malcolm was and Dewey asked if Malcolm was a robot.


On Saturday, I attended the monthly sewing meeting and did NOT actually win the bag challenge.  Darn.  So I confessed that I still had scraps leftover of the original bag.  



I probably would have if I'd won also...  Just as well then.  Had a great time and got some fabric from the free table to dream up a sewing project with!

Robb sent me this the other day.  Apparently, Leon got some glass kits to decorate and dolled up his grandpa in a big way!  Robb is winning at Grampa'ing!


I spent part of Sunday afternoon sorting and decluttering my walk-in,  crawl-over things closet.  Leon helped by climbing way to the back and finding long packed away treasures.  Like these!  Meri's triplet kittens; Sarah, Elizabeth and Hillary Duff.    


When Meri was 3, she found these three stuffed kittens in a campus book store and after I told her she could pick just one, she agonized and sobbed, then choked out "But they've *sob* never *sob* been *sob* *sob* apart!!" So $60 later...
They've STILL never been apart.

Meri and our pastor.
and Sarah, Elizabeth and Hilary Duff.

Leon called Meri and we sent her a pic.  She was thrilled that they'd been found.  I didn't realize that they were missed...  

On Sunday after church, we took Leon out for lunch at our favorite Chinese restaurant and he ate almost the entire sweet & sour chicken by himself.  

He didn't understand his fortune (Early to bed, early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise - he decided he didn't need to be those three things when he grows up)  but did enjoy riding on the dragon/lion statute later.


Also that afternoon/evening, we watched the Goonies with him.  "Don't say those bad words!"
He loved it!  I knew he would.

Ok, ON TO the WEEK!!!  I hope it is a quiet one...

6 comments:

slugmama said...

Do you ever throw anything away!?!? lolz

SAM said...

Oh, life with Leon. You could have a book.

Meg B. said...

Oh, dear. I remember from classroom management seminars, that, very often, when a kid exhibits some of the disruptive class behavior you described in the past with Leon, the teacher, albeit unwittingly, often gives tacit approval for students to ostracize that child, resulting in that child getting picked on, resulting in yet more inappropriate behavior from the first student in response. It is particularly prevalent if the kid has an unusual name--it stands out with the rest of the class when he/she is called out by name for behavior. Ah, well, this too shall pass. Seems like you managed to have a good weekend. Funny: One of our Chinese restaurants has a very similar, if not identical statue. I was the "meanest mother ever" because I wouldn't let my kids climb on it.

Michelle said...

Life with Leon = challenging, but all kids are in one way or another. As far as the trio of stuffed cats....had a similar experience with my son. We ended up coming home with a giant, plastic Rhino....good times.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I really really enjoy all the tales of Leon. I have 3 sons who were really good kids but they were spirited fellows too.

Southern Gal said...

That kitten story is so sweet. I have my boys' stuffed animals in a container waiting for the day they will have kids. I don't trust them to keep them until that time so hang on, I will!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails