Friday, October 12, 2018

Sewing Gadgets Galore!

I did some playing with my new sewing gadgets!!!  It's the Hemming Presser Feet set.  They just snap onto an existing foot that I already own.  I'm SO glad it fit my machine!  

So here it is up close and personal.  The little screwy thing on the right let's you adjust where on the fold you want to stitch.  RIGHT on the edge or in a little ways.


There are no instructions with it so I guess find a Youtube video for instructions if you can't figure it out intuitively.

They come in small, medium and large.  I've got the RollBan for the tiny baby seams, but this will make any larger seams look slicker.


I cut some sample woven fabric and tried it out.  I slid the fabric into the little doohicky and rolled it around the metal pieces to make a double fold.  Then just kept feeding it as I sewed.  There was no prep on the hem that I made at all.  I just stuck it in and went for it.

The story of my sewing life...


And then I ironed it.  Looked even slicker after that! 

 


I pulled out some knit scraps that I had and tried it out on that too.  There is SOME ripple going on but it's not bad.  I think only on the curve.


I think I found my secret weapon to get better than Average scores at the State Fair! :)

4 comments:

SAM said...

You are speaking a foreign language, but I like the pictures! I always think sewing skills are a truly blessed gift.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I don;t speak fluent sewing either but kudos to you for figuring out your problem.

Linda said...

I love sewing feet!

Jane said...

Well that is pretty darn cool! I'll have to see if I can get that for my Kenmore. It's not an expensive machine but it's practically like new:{

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails