Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Appliance Man's Apprentice

On Sunday afternoon, I asked Leon if he'd like to take apart a toaster.  He and I had discussed it before and he'd shown an interest.  Ok!!  I have two leftover toasters from Meri's graduation party.  If you remember, we served Panera bagels and some just don't taste right unless they're warm or toasted.


 He got to work.  The biggest challenge was to remove the lever, but it came off finally with a flat screwdriver.  


It may never go back on, but I don't think that's the point here.  He worked for over 45 minutes unscrewing, prying, playing with the inside gadgetry and contemplating how someone could have invented this thing.


He said that he will put it back together as a new brand of toaster.

I guess I'll have cereal. ;)

Since this Friday is our big Thanksgiving reunion with family (80+ maybe this year), I won't be back until Monday.  


Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Enjoy your weekend - I think Leon has a future in appliance repair...at least the taking it apart part!

SAM said...

We used old telephones with our 4 year old pre-K class, and let them have at it. So much can be learned about disassembling and trying to reassemble. he might not get it to work first time, but I guess he'll figure it out with enough attempts. Great job with him.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with the huge family.
I love that he took the toaster apart and will try to reassemble it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails