Friday, January 25, 2019

Whistle in the Wind

Whew!  The wind was so brutal this morning!  I made Leon wear snow pants to the bus stop instead of stuffing them into his back pack.  But I haven't owned snow pants since... I don't think I ever did!

When I was a teenager and wanted to go sledding, if I felt the need, I doubled up on layers of pants.  Maybe a pair of sweats under a pair of jeans or vice versa.  

Woe to you if you wore a brand new pair of cheap jeans out onto the slopes!  You'd end up with blue legs from the leeched blue dye as things thawed.

But I looked so awesome out there in them...


Anyway, at the bus stop this morning, I held Leon's face to my coat as the wind whipped around us.  A neighbor lady that usually waits with us and her kindergartner was parked in a car across the street waiting in warmth.  She pulled over and asked if Leon would like to wait in her car with them.  

YES PLEASE!!!  Then I went home and waved to him as he got on the bus from across the street, behind a glass door.  I don't think he thought to look for me.  Oh well.  He's at school, safe and sound now.

So much to do...  So much to do...

Is it the weekend yet?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails