Thursday, April 18, 2019

Free Food

I made some cabbage stew this week.  So far, I've lost a few pounds!  Yay!

Years ago, Robb and I saw a diet that is used for people who have to lose weight fast to get ready for heart surgery.  Why not?!  The main thing that we took away from the information was to make a cabbage stew with lots of veggies and tomato juice and/or chicken broth.

So basically, chop up a head of cabbage, different colored cabbage makes it look pretty, but not necessary.

Chop up an onion and green pepper and toss it into the crock pot too.
Steer clear of veggies with starches or sugars, like potatoes or carrots.

Then maybe a teaspoon of minced garlic or a little garlic powder.

Add a cup or two of water and then fill up the rest with tomato/vegetable juice to cover the cabbage and let it go all day on low.

Sometimes we'd add a package of onion soup mix but I'm trying to cut my salt intake (just a little)...
You wouldn't guess it from supper last night however.

In the diet, this stew was considered free food. ANYTIME you got hungry, you get a bowl of this out of the fridge (microwave it)  or straight from the crock pot and eat.  So I've been having this for lunch this week.

Then for supper, I still eat whatever everyone is having.  But if I'm able to control my lunches, I typically will lose weight.

Looking forward to weighing myself again tomorrow!


Cruise body, here I come!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad this is working out for you. Cutting carbs and root vegetables helped out a lot.

SAM said...

Hmm, cabbage soup might be on my menu. I need a jump start.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails