Friday, April 19, 2019

Not Growing Fast Enough!

Robb and I went on a date last night, then Maundy Thursday service at church.
But check out what I got!


It was our favorite Irish food restaurant and I shocked Robb by not getting my usual shepherd's pie.  He doesn't order that because he knows I will.
Well HA!

I'm totally out of control and unpredictable!

This salad was amazing...  It had huge croutons, chunks of chicken, strawberries, feta cheese, cucumbers, candied walnuts, granny smith apples and a rhubarb relish.  Served with a vinaigrette. 
Oh wow...

As I tasted the rhubarb relish, I was astounded!  The rhubarb wasn't sweet and wasn't tart!
What is this delicious stuff?? 

So I looked up a recipe on Allrecipes.com and then over lunch today, I raided our meager up and coming rhubarb patch.
I made Rhubarb chutney....  Will google Rhubarb relish later.

Princess G's Rhubarb Chutney


  • Rated as 0 out of 5 Stars
Recipe By:Princess G
"This chutney is delicious on a ham sandwich. This chutney freezes well."

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 dash salt
  • 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins(R))
 
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
  • 1 cinnamon stick

Directions

  1. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion until softened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add salt.
  2. Stir rhubarb, dried cranberries, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, and cinnamon stick into the saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until rhubarb softens and begins to break down, 6 to 8 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick before serving.

It is delicious and I had it on a salad for lunch.
It may or may not have been overly healthy for me, but I don't care.

1 comment:

SAM said...

A good salad is my favorite meal. Yours sounds wonderful, andvthe chytney relish-wow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails