Thursday, April 25, 2019

Loving... Things

It was a sad evening...  Meri and I went out to our car guys place and cleaned out Hugh Jackman,
Her Ford Escape.  

She'd had so many adventures with Hugh and was loathe to leave him there.
But with a bad engine, there was nothing more car-guy could do and he had to call it.

It took almost 45 minutes to dig through the high school papers and memories that had been too tough to sort through before now.  We came away with only ONE bag of garbage, one bag of stuff to be sorted, most dishes, a few old signs and antiques, 42 pairs of sunglasses, a statue of a turkey and a cement head...

Her adventures usually came up with things like that.

Anyway, here she is as she sorts the last compartment of Hugh and says good bye.


And then she asked if I'd take a pic of her with Hugh.
Ummm I already did, but I didn't tell her that.  
OF COURSE I WILL!


AND today is Career day for Leon's 1st grade class.  This is as close to a professional look as he'll ever wear, just because he's stubborn.  I took Robb's name tag from his work and  put an address label on it to say what Leon wants to be when he grows up.
Not sure if you can read it.  ARCHITECT.


He wants to design houses and stuff.

Then this morning, he lost a shoe climbing a tree.


But after replacing the shoe, he did it again and made it.


And yes, my neighbor has already mowed once this year.  Yikes!  I don't know if our mower will even start.  I guess we'll find out...  or pull out some scissors and get started!

Have you mowed yet?  Or said goodbye to a car tearfully?
or climbed a tree?

4 comments:

Jane said...

Becoming an architect would be a great job - or he could design tree houses incorporating his love of trees!

slugmama said...

I don't know of anyone else in my life who has had an emotional attachment to a car....well maybe my brother the hoarder. lol

Rachel said...

My sister has a similar attachment to her car "Shaniqua" which keeps overheating and is currently sitting at my parents house until they can decide what to do with her.

As far as mowing, I am so behind. My neighbor has mowed his lawn 2 times already this year! LOL I am like you, I should go see if our mower will even start. Supposed to rain here today through Saturday so I don't see the mowing getting done in the next few days either. LOL

SAM said...

No mowing here-we still do not even have all green showing! Oh, first cars. I remember my old Fred Flintstone car, and my kids car, Old Blue. Yes, cars are tied to so many memories, but seemingly, cars that have seen better days physically and under the hood provide the best memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails