Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sew Needing to Sew

Sewing: I've got my maxi skirt done except for some hemming.  But I'm waiting for my good sewing machine to be put back into place for that.  My old Brother (no offense Mark) just was not cutting it and every seam I put in with it made me want to swear.  I think it's the needles.

My MIL's machine started doing funky stitching and she needed to finish a quilt top for one of her grand-daughter's graduation gift so I loaned my Janome to her.  The quilt is done so my machine is slowly making it's way back to the correct table in my sewing room/bedroom.

I've also started another shirt out of the same flowy pattern that I love so much.  It's a see through white.  

It's the one on the left with a few tweaks to make it longer in the back.  AND it's got the sleeves of another pattern so the sleeves are a bit longer. I don't know where the sleeve piece to this pattern has gone...

Note to self - make a tank top after that.

I have visions of wearing it with a pair of pale blue satin skinny pants made from a prom dress for the cruise.  Wouldn't THAT be something?

If you just rolled your eyes, then ... huh!  I don't need that kind of negativity in my life! ;)
Well, everyone needs a LITTLE negativity.  and feedback.
It's ok, be honest.

If it all turns out terrible, then at the very least I'll have an entry for the State Fair. or three.

I'm trying to make things fair quality these days.  That means finished seams, decent hems and a tag that says "Made with blood, sweat and tears by McValkrie".  

Oh no!  I'm OUT of those!  Oh well.  so they WON'T have those tags...

On to my day.  Enjoy yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails