Thursday, June 20, 2019

Tempered Housing

Robb, Meri and I went and looked at another house last night.  It was built in 1930 or so and might be the ticket for her.  She's still waiting to see how much she's pre-approved for before she can proceed.  
The thing that she likes the best about it is that it has an attached efficiency apartment and she already has someone who wants to rent it from her, sight unseen.  It just needs the kitchen installed.  So she's checking out where to get the items inexpensively to outfit a quick efficiency kitchen.  

With this potential renter, she doesn't mind giving them a key to her part of the house so they can use her kitchen until it's completed.  

The basement has a secret space that was the old basement stairs all sealed up from the outside.  It's mostly boarded up on the inside but I can totally see her making it into a canned goods area just for fun. I remember when she was young that she would go around our house playing Nancy Drew and knocking on all the walls to see if she could find our secret passageway.  She found our furnace air duct.  Smart girl!!  

So, this house has an honest to goodness secret passageway!!!!  Well, cut off steps but it is one.

Don't know what will happen, so we're sitting in suspense waiting.

In the meanwhile, Leon is getting bored with summer and short tempered.  

I can't wait for school to restart. 

actually a pic of the last day of school.  You can tell how much I've neglected the yard this spring...

 I'm thinking of re-initiating ye ol' summer time daily nap for him...  or me...

3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I love the idea of a secret passage. I found day camp and several VBS for my kids in the summer.

SAM said...

I must read better. So your young daughter is already looking at becoming a home owner? What a wonder.

Michelle said...

I think it's great that Meri is wanting to become a home owner at this point. Sounds like she has a plan! I like it! I hope you will keep us posted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails