Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Babies and 7 year olds

A couple weekends ago, Robb's brother and his wife came to stay.  Mainly to visit with their son who goes to college near here, but also to fix our cars. :)

One of their girls came too with her husband and little baby!  



We all got our baby fixes!!

Meri

Josh and girlfriend

What a precious baby!


I have a new theme song when I see him now.  His name is Dean.
And of course, it's Shaun Cassidy...


Then onto Leon since then...
This little turkey has gotten in a few scrapes.  


I think a day or so after  this pic, he got in a fight on the playground, right in front of me.  When you hear the words FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! you look up.  Unfortunately just in time to see your grandson in a headlock and being slammed to the ground... twice.

I may have driven closer, honking my horn like a maniac and yelling at those boys that I was going to report them all.

Leon was mortified!
Found out the WHOLE story the next day after I emailed his teacher and principal.  I should have looked up sooner because my dear sweet grandson had started it...

DARLING!!!!  WHY???!!!
There have been lots of talks since.

AND then the day that Leon wanted to do the melty beads.  He grabbed the container with both hands and was looking around for the molds for it.  AHA!  THERE they are!  He let go of one hand as I called out in slow motion USE BOTH HANDS... NOOOOOOOO...  his other couldn't hold the container...  spLASH!  Melty beads everywhere.


He picked them ALL up under the direction of his dad.  I was going to vacuum them up when I got home so whew!

AND breakfasts.  I got sick of rattling off a whole list of his favorite foods that didn't include a hotdog, so I made him a menu.  It's on the fridge to this day and here he is studying it intently before making his selection.

"I believe that I'll have the #4 Grandma."


I believe you know how to use the toaster!  Go for it!
I love that kid to pieces and he's growing up.

Anywho, there's the latest.
Back to your regularly scheduled program.

3 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Yikes on the fight. My son came home with a hundred scratches across his face and eye. I went right into the school and the teacher was shocked. It turns out, son said, "Let's fight" and picked up a broom. The other kid got him in the face! So, a trip to eye doctor and patch for a scratched cornea! sigh

Good luck.

I guess I was a mean mother, but with three kids, I was not going to be a short order cook. They ate what I made them. Now, my mother catered to them a lot...lol.

SAM said...

good idea with the menu-particularly if he can get things himself. I remember those scrapes and knowing every so often it was my child that started.

Southern Gal said...

Oh my word! I haven't heard Hey Deanie in years and years. Totally forgot about it. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I need that menu idea with Ethan. Pickiest eater I have raised. My own fault.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails